GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not on Netflix, i dont think, but i just watched Pacific Rim. Wow. Horrible directing choice. Some of the actors were not right for the role, or maybe it was the directors fault. It had potential. It just failed.

Its not on Netflix, i dont think, but i just watched Pacific Rim. Wow. Horrible directing choice. Some of the actors were not right for the role, or maybe it was the directors fault. It had potential. It just failed.

No, lol, you have to pay to be disapointed by this one.

Del Toro at his worst.

Bizarre paralell dimension where amazing technology is used in the worst way possible.

Should we design guided missiles and bombers???...............or giant robots to PUNCH the monsters?!?!??

W T F ?

I have Netflix DVD also and watched this about a month ago. The whole movie I am thinking "why don't they just mine the portal?!!?".

***spoiler alert*** Then the first half, I am thinking why didn't they at least give these guys swords? Didn't they watch Voltron?!!? Then the sword finally shows up and single-handedly takes out the monsters that took out 3 other robots and I am "see?!!? Why didn't you use that thing in the first place?!!?"

The whole thing was just an exercise in frustration.

HELL HOUSE on popcornflix.com was hilarious.

Over the top religious conservatives put on low budget skits to scare kids out of being gay, going to raves, dating, and anything else they don't approve of.

One of the main coordinators they followed around was, ahem......pretty clearly a repressed gay man.

Fascinating. Lines you couldn't make up....

Religious nut director, "Go into hell and get the gun that the date-rape girl is gonna shoot herself with"

Completely oblivious.

Don't know if I mentioned it or not but The Crash Reel was an astoundingly emotional documentary about brain injuries in professional snowboarding and skiing. Crazy **** there. 4 out of 4 for sure.

You have to flip over to Argentinian netflix though - I search for stuff on moreflicks.com to see what region has what movie.

Not on Netflix, but I'm a fan of Legit. Caught a few more episodes last night before bed. Sort of pushing the boundaries of good taste (LOL) but also has some heart.

I need to remember to look for Amy Schumer stuff. I saw her in stand up on a show once and at a roast and I think she is one of the funniest female comediens out there today. I think her video is called Inside Amy Schumer. Has a sort of innuendo to it...

Hannibal Rising was good for 3/4 of the movie, and then the young Hannibal was beyond his depth, trying to be a young Anthony Hopkins.

Amazon now has a whole bunch of HBO series available on Prime streaming. Many, many hours of some of the highest quality television over the last couple of decades.

Amazon now has a whole bunch of HBO series available on Prime streaming. Many, many hours of some of the highest quality television over the last couple of decades.

Gonna hold off judgement until I have seen more.....but......for now, Breaking Bad beats ANYTHING I have seen on HBO.

Granted you didn't say THE highest.

Excited about Band of Brothers.

Been watching a netflix show called "The 100" - almost done the first season.

The writing is terrible, and the acting is passable but "meh" - but the storyline is cool enough to keep me interested. Basically like 90 years ago there was a big nuclear war, end of the world yadda yadda. So people rode it out on this big space station, but now it's running out of O2 so they send down 100 juvenile criminals to test the Earth to see if it's still in insta-death mode.

Hilarity ensues. Kinda like Lord of the Flies, but there are already people still living down there, and they're kind of pissed.

Been watching a netflix show called "The 100" - almost done the first season.

The writing is terrible, and the acting is passable but "meh" - but the storyline is cool enough to keep me interested. Basically like 90 years ago there was a big nuclear war, end of the world yadda yadda. So people rode it out on this big space station, but now it's running out of O2 so they send down 100 juvenile criminals to test the Earth to see if it's still in insta-death mode.

Hilarity ensues. Kinda like Lord of the Flies, but there are already people still living down there, and they're kind of pissed.

It's currently showing on the CW down here in the US. Netflix has a deal where they can show it in Canada within 1 day of it airing in the US.

I like it and it's been renewed for a second season.

If you are into supernatural horror films, check out Insidious and Insidious Chapter 2. Insidious isn't available on streaming Netflix now, DVD only but Insidious Chapter 2 is. You'll want to catch the first one first though since the second on is basically a continuation.

It's currently showing on the CW down here in the US. Netflix has a deal where they can show it in Canada within 1 day of it airing in the US.

I like it and it's been renewed for a second season.

If you are into supernatural horror films, check out Insidious and Insidious Chapter 2. Insidious isn't available on streaming Netflix now, DVD only but Insidious Chapter 2 is. You'll want to catch the first one first though since the second on is basically a continuation.

A couple halloweens ago the wife and I were like "hey lets watch a scary movie!" so we flipped on Insidious (it is on netflix in Canada/Norway/Finland). Well, once the scary noises started happening on the baby monitor, we were frightened.

So the wife has a trick - "check it out you can just mute it and it's not that scary". Mute. Nope - still too scary.
I have a trick - "check it out if you just fast-forward a bit you can see what's happening and then it's not that scary". Fast-forward a bit. Nope - still too scary.
So we said screw it - we can't watch this or we're not gonna sleep tonight.

So I IMDB'd that **** and read out the synopsis so we knew what the story was all aboot. Well, that was scary too!

We are pussies. Can't handle well-done horror movies. Once you get messed-up kids in there, it's game the **** over for me.

It was one of the few "horror" movies that actually creeped me out a bit. I say "horror" as most go for the cheap jump out at you and gratuatous gore scares rather than true suspense and fright. Not that there is anything wrong with gratuity and jump out at you scares, but they really are overdone.

Insidious no longer on Prime or Netflix :(

BAND OF BROTHERS.......awesome.

20% documentary, 80% stories going on in the background of Saving Private Ryan.

Short list of stuff I like on Netflix (mostly old stuff)

The Frighteners
Candyman
American Psycho
Super Troopers
Zoolander
Big Trouble in Little China
The Dictator
Four Rooms
Romancing The Stone
Slap Shot
48 Hours
The Ice Harvest
The Family
Flight
End of Watch
Serenity
The Untouchables
Das Boot
Juice
The Golden Child
Back Draft
The Missing

Not Netflix related but it sure is nice having all the retired HBO series on Amazon Prime. I think I shall rewatch the Sopranos and see if it still holds up to when I watched it the first time.

Insidious no longer on Prime or Netflix :(

BAND OF BROTHERS.......awesome.

20% documentary, 80% stories going on in the background of Saving Private Ryan.

Yes it is. It's on Canada/Finland/Norway netflix. You need to figure out a way to flip your DNS to something that's free (and possibly sketchy) or use a service like I do - unblock-us.com - it's $5/month and is awesome.

Also - again - the site www.moreflicks.com - USE IT BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

Not Netflix related but it sure is nice having all the retired HBO series on Amazon Prime. I think I shall rewatch the Sopranos and see if it still holds up to when I watched it the first time.

This thread is Amazon Prime, Netflix, and really any other streaming (Crackle, Popcornflix, etc.)

I am 2 episodes into Band of Brothers and LOVING IT!!!

:mug:

Yes it is. It's on Canada/Finland/Norway netflix. You need to figure out a way to flip your DNS to something that's free (and possibly sketchy) or use a service like I do - unblock-us.com - it's $5/month and is awesome.

Also - again - the site www.moreflicks.com - USE IT BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

I am on ROKU, any idea if I can do any of that on a device like that?

This thread is Amazon Prime, Netflix, and really any other streaming (Crackle, Popcornflix, etc.)

I am 2 episodes into Band of Brothers and LOVING IT!!!

I am on ROKU, any idea if I can do any of that on a device like that?

From the site: Roku players do not have advanced network settings and the only option to connect to our service is update DNS settings in the router. Check our how to set up page to find instructions for most popular models. However, if you don’t have access to your router or for whatever reason cannot change router’s settings then Roku won’t be able to connect to our service.

unblock-us has a week free trial, no cc info needed until it's over and you want to continue with the service. Flipping countries is as simple as going to the site and clicking a drop-down box. It's 2 clicks for me, and works flawlessly.

Worth a look - there are a LOT more movies on Canadian/Swedish netflix than the USA one, which I find is better for TV shows.

Intersesting! Thanks Paulster!!

How would I have seen BOB hoppy? I don't even have cable, much less HBO. I had seen bits and pieces at other people's houses, but never sat through an episode.

Never cared enough to get it pirated, but free with my AP? DEAL!

Interesting Article.

World War Z is one of the few to pique my interest.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/showbiz/netflix-amazon-streaming-movies-june/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

It's okay - the ending - well I'll say nothing and let you draw your own conclusions.

ANwyay if you read the book, it's clear that Max Brooks totally just sold out and basically sold the rights to the name of the book only. THere was some cool **** in there that I looked forward to seeing, but nope. Nada. Not even close.

Oh well, at least Brad Pitt is a hunk, right?

It's okay - the ending - well I'll say nothing and let you draw your own conclusions.

ANwyay if you read the book, it's clear that Max Brooks totally just sold out and basically sold the rights to the name of the book only. THere was some cool **** in there that I looked forward to seeing, but nope. Nada. Not even close.

Oh well, at least Brad Pitt is a hunk, right?

Lol!!!!!!

Well constructed post. I can read between the lines. WELL crap.

Glad I read the HOBBIT and then HATED the stooopid movie(s), so I guess better another good book than one more hollywood *****efest. It will be on there a while. Really recommend the book?

The movie was not terrible, but it was not the book at all. I worried from when i first heard about it because you cannot make a movie with the same sort of newspaper article style chapters where each has completely different characters and have it flow as movies need to.

I hate that they had to have an ending too.

The movie was not terrible, but it was not the book at all. I worried from when i first heard about it because you cannot make a movie with the same sort of newspaper article style chapters where each has completely different characters and have it flow as movies need to.

I hate that they had to have an ending too.

But why not? It would have been totally different and cool as hell. Same worldwide problem - different perspectives.

They just wanted to have 120 minutes of Brad Pitt though, so I get it.

Back