My first brew sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffski123

Reaction score
Ok, I am fixing to make the jump to AG brewing. I have a ghetto 5 gallon set up right. I plan on using this set up for a few brews (trial and error phase). In the mean time i will be starting work on my brew sculpture. I have looked for hours and hours on the DIY forum. I have a few ideas for both single tier and gravity rigs. My question to the senior guys is what are the advantages and disadvantages of both systems. Right now i leaning towards gravity system due the the cost of pumps and related equipment. Also if it helps i will be building with wood. If any one can chime in and give me some PROs and CONs and if you have a wood rig that is not posted in the DIY forum some ideas would be appreciated. Thanks....

I like the gravity setup. That is what im building. I will have one pump to pump my water from my boil kettle to the mash tun. and then from the mash tun to the sparge tank. Then I will use that same pump to pump wort through the chiller plate to my converted 15.5 gallon keg for fermentation. I will then use C02 to pump from the 15.5 gallon fermenter to the Cornelius kegs for slow carb and conditioning.

I like the gravity setup. That is what im building. I will have one pump to pump my water from my boil kettle to the mash tun. and then from the mash tun to the sparge tank. Then I will use that same pump to pump wort through the chiller plate to my converted 15.5 gallon keg for fermentation. I will then use C02 to pump from the 15.5 gallon fermenter to the Cornelius kegs for slow carb and conditioning.

Do you have any pics of your rig? not gonna steal you ideas just use them for reference.

Im not finished with it but will provide pics when done. I dont mind sharing. :ban:

Back