Old Stock Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMalty

Reaction score
Hear ye, hear ye.....I am here to establish the FACT that North Coast's Old Stock Ale is one of the finest beers in all the world. I will also establish the fact that it may be in the top 10 best beers on the planet. I can only imagine how good it will be with age. I challenge anyone to deny me a consensus of opinion.

Thank you, that is all.

I really want to argue with you bad, but I just can't do it. that truly is a great beer

I really want to argue with you bad, but I just can't do it. that truly is a great beer

absolutely, it is. I thought it may be like bigfoot and need some age for me to really appreciate it, but no, it's good now. and not just good, it's GREAT. it is so well balanced, it's ridiculous. If anyone out there hasn't had this beer, you need to.

lol, we usually do agree, rycov. we seem to be on the same page

how much better could it get?

thats what i want to know. this beer was amazing as soon as i got it. i'm a little hesitant to try it aged, if it gets better. any better than it is and i may never drink anything else. (yeah, we do usually agree)

rycov said:
thats what i want to know. this beer was amazing as soon as i got it. i'm a little hesitant to try it aged, if it gets better. any better than it is and i may never drink anything else. (yeah, we do usually agree)

EXACTLY my thoughts on this

Have you had the BA Old Stock Ale? Ridiculous.

Edit: the bourbon is better than the brandy, and about 4-5 years of age on it is perfect.

good call! three hundred points to who ever can come up with the best clone recipe

JetSmooth said:
Haven't see it out here in Harford County, but I won't argue with you.

Send some my way!

I think u may have to make the pilgrimage down to Howard county to The Perfect Pour, you'll be happy u did

carnevoodoo said:
Have you had the BA Old Stock Ale? Ridiculous.

Edit: the bourbon is better than the brandy, and about 4-5 years of age on it is perfect.

Haven't had it. What does BA stand for? Barrel aged?

I have to agree with everyone here. I had a couple that i aged for 6 years and drank when my first son was born.....Ohhhhh Dam they were good!!

Has anyone tried the HBT Gun Stock Ale recipe? Wondering if it even compares.

I have an unopened bottle of the Old Stock at home... It's beckoning me.

Yup...had that Old Stock 'bout a year ago and loved it...super kind!! Been eyeing it whenever I see around, just haven't pulled the trigger. I'll definately re-visit next time I see it.

just here to reconfirm. super good beer. i picked it up today on the way home through fayetteville. i couldn't wait for it to chill so i'm just drinking it room temp. its fantastic. at room temp you can taste the alcohol more, but its such a good beer that its not detracting at all. to all those that aren't drinking Old Stock right now... be jealous.

Amazing beer!!! I buy at least 4 every year to put away! I think the oldest I have right now is 2005. I have a 2009 private stock, but haven't tried it yet. Anyone out there that can give some thoughts on private stock?

what's private stock? THe cellar reserve? Here in CHicago I found 2011, 2010, and 2009 all in the same week so I have those awaiting me. I then found a place that had 2008 on their bottle list. Tried the 2008 and it was definitely the best I've had.

private stock

140px-Privatestock.jpg

rycov said:
just here to reconfirm. super good beer. i picked it up today on the way home through fayetteville. i couldn't wait for it to chill so i'm just drinking it room temp. its fantastic. at room temp you can taste the alcohol more, but its such a good beer that its not detracting at all. to all those that aren't drinking Old Stock right now... be jealous.

Yes, I had a similar experience. I've been craving it ever since the last one, so I stopped by my local craft brew store and cleaned them out. I had one the other day, its just phenomenal, well worth the price. Another similar beer that's is also one of my favs just won a gold at GABF, flying dog horn dog, its so nice

damn. i've had the horn dog, but its been a really long time now. i'll have to revisit that one too

Latest posts

Back