Bulk buy in LA Cali.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id help put one together if theres enough interest out here. Let me know if anyone is interested and we will put one together. :mug:

Yup definite interest from me as I said before, and this would just be one more reason to finally get a grain crusher.

What are you buying in bulk ?? there is a nice store down in Long beach/Lakewood that will sell bulk. I buy all my grain there by the bag at very reasonable prices.

What are you buying in bulk ?? there is a nice store down in Long beach/Lakewood that will sell bulk. I buy all my grain there by the bag at very reasonable prices.

How much is a sack of pale 2-row there, their website doesn't list grain prices.

How much is a sack of pale 2-row there, their website doesn't list grain prices.

I think I paid $39 for a 50lb bag before christmas. i just bought a 50lb bag of vienna for $40. They are right across the street from my work, so I go over at lunch. They open at 11:00 am wed-sat. They are run by a local brewing club. If you join and pay $15 dues (i have not yet, march is enrollment month) you get an additional 15% off, which would save you some $$$ on bulk buys. All base malts (2 row, vienna,Munich, etc.) are all $1.09 a lb if not bought in bulk. Specialty grains (imported, crystal, etc) are all $1.69.

I have bought from my local Morebeer, but overall Steinfillers is cheaper on their grain . They order once a month so you need to get your order in. They do not do any mail order.

Morebeer in Riverside sells sacks of 2-row for $32.25, but since I live in West LA, it's kind of a hike. Everytime I happen to drive by there, I do stop by and grab a bag of malt though.

well if we can get enough people to pick up 35-40 + bages I will get pricing together. Im thinking with shipping and the FSC I think we can get bags of 2 row under 30 Ea. along with great prices on other grains. As for hops my understanding is that the min. order on bulk is 11LBS on each style of hops.

Morebeer in Riverside sells sacks of 2-row for $32.25, but since I live in West LA, it's kind of a hike. Everytime I happen to drive by there, I do stop by and grab a bag of malt though.

They are on the far side of Riverside from me. i do go there occasionally. They have the best price on 2 row and Nottingham yeast but there other grain prices are high

Both Steinfiller and Morebeer are over an hour and half away each way. It would cost less to buy it at my LHBS than to drive out there unfortunately.

I'll pick up two bags of 2-row if you can get them to my door (1 block from steinfillers) for less than $30. Otherwise, I just walk over and pick up a sack for $37.

I'm assuming we won't be able to pull together enough people for a pallet. Well then, looks
like I'll be swinging by Steinfillers on my way back from San Diego on Saturday.

Hope this isn't dead. I'd be up for buying some bulk bags. i live in West Ventura County...

I'm still interested as well, but not sure if we can garner enough interest to actually get it done.

Nope, nothing ever happened. Though I for one am still interested in an LA bulk buy.

what do you need to organize this,? i have a business license if thats all it is, mine is under a retail motorcycle repair but if that will do it i may be able to set it up

I'm still interested...is Steinfillers & Morebeer the only options in all of the LA metro area? I thought there was a malting company somewhere.

I'm still interested...is Steinfillers & Morebeer the only options in all of the LA metro area? I thought there was a malting company somewhere.

I live in Pasadena. I'm about to buy some plastic pails for storage to ramp up beer production. I'd be interested in making a trip over there. We can split gas $$ and head over there some upcoming Friday if you're available. I drive a GMC Terrain so my mpg's are good, and I have lots of room in the back.

Also, I looked into the malting company with no luck. I'll let you know if that changes.

Hit me up,
Derek: 480-559-1123

Back