Is my keg fully carbed in 3 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubbaya

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So this is the second beer I've kegged in the past month, and both times I've left the gas on at about 20 psi for 3 days, and my beer has come out perfectly carbonated.

I've heard that many people recommend 5 days at difference PSI, but am I doing something wrong, or am I delusional about my beer being carbonated?

I have a 20lbs tank, and have an Oktoberfest and Hard Cider on tap.

Thanks, sorry for the newbie questions.

I'm carbing at about 42 degrees. I have 2 corny's and my CO2 tank inside of a converted kegerator.

You're fine. I usually carb at 25 psi for 2-1/2 days and it ends up perfectly carbed.

The downfall to burst carbing (Carbing fast a high pressure like this) is that you can only guess when you reach carb level, then purge down to serving pressure.

The downfall to burst carbing (Carbing fast a high pressure like this) is that you can only guess when you reach carb level, then purge down to serving pressure.

Yes, the first time, or until you get it right. After that, you just repeat the process.

Back