Possible hire out of Control Panel Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on an electric brew rig. I have electronics knowledge, but really suck at planning things out. Plus I have a new born coming and really, with all the projects I have going and planned, I'd love to just tell someone what I want, what I have and pay them to draw up a parts list with schematic. It's a simple system. I will do all the assembly and wiring. I just need to know what all components to buy for the control box.

Supply will be a single 50A breaker. Non GFCI at the box.
1 pump
2 5500W elements (or a 5500W for BK and a 4500W for EHLT)
A stir motor for the HLT.

That's really it. If interested let me know. I already own a control box, 1x PID and SSr with heat sink and thermocouple.

Want to be able to run both elements at the same time, Turn pump on and off and turn stir motor on/off. Also cut power to complete system. I want to feed the box with a single cord then branch out to the elements, pump and motor.

If anyone is interested in this that has done one before and has pics/writeup for testimonial, let me know what you think you'd charge.

Please note time and I will fairly state I have had a few imperial pints....

Thursday, SWMBO walked into my project spot, looked at the tangle of wire and kit I am building and said, "you really love doing this stuff." All true.

So I will gladly offer my experience, pics of my current panel (almost complete) and I do not care about remuneration. Start your newborn a college fund, buy your SWMBO a treat after the baby arrives, or maybe buy me a beer when I travel to your corner of the world.

If you are game, I will provide a suitable CV of my experience and pics of my panel after 11/10 when I expect it to be complete.

In any case, cheers to your new baby and all your brewing adventures!

I'm working on an electric brew rig. I have electronics knowledge, but really suck at planning things out. Plus I have a new born coming and really, with all the projects I have going and planned, I'd love to just tell someone what I want, what I have and pay them to draw up a parts list with schematic. It's a simple system. I will do all the assembly and wiring. I just need to know what all components to buy for the control box.

Supply will be a single 50A breaker. Non GFCI at the box.
1 pump
2 5500W elements (or a 5500W for BK and a 4500W for EHLT)
A stir motor for the HLT.

That's really it. If interested let me know. I already own a control box, 1x PID and SSr with heat sink and thermocouple.

Want to be able to run both elements at the same time, Turn pump on and off and turn stir motor on/off. Also cut power to complete system. I want to feed the box with a single cord then branch out to the elements, pump and motor.

If anyone is interested in this that has done one before and has pics/writeup for testimonial, let me know what you think you'd charge.

IP,

I don't consider myself an expert but I'd be happy to participate in a thread on HBT to help work through the details (at no cost obviously).
I think it could be a pretty cool collaborative effort.

Reviews, brainstorming, drunkin advice, if you need it count me in.

Ed

IP,

I don't consider myself an expert but I'd be happy to participate in a thread on HBT to help work through the details (at no cost obviously).
I think it could be a pretty cool collaborative effort.

Reviews, brainstorming, drunkin advice, if you need it count me in.

Ed

Me 2. Never built a RIMS/HERMS controller personally my undergraduate degree was Computer Science + Robotics + Electrical/Computer Engineering. I would be more than willing to help out. My first suggestion would be to look at some of the other controller builds (e.g. Ohio-Eds, etc) for design ideas.

Back