Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 sets of labels printed and I'm about to have a beer and cut them out while watching the most recent episode of BrewingTV. Not a bad afternoon.

BTW, as much as I 2nd all of the requests for more labels (neck labels, too) and more customization, the $5 I paid for access to what you have was well worth it. Thanks.

Do you print at home or go somewhere? I dont really have the quality capability to do at home and I am guessing Kinko's is expensive plus I assume I have to do the cutting which could be a disaster :)

I've printed at Kinkos so far. It cost me $8 or $9 for enough labels for the 2 batches I just labeled. Those batches are mostly 12 oz. bottles with a total of maybe 8 larger bottles (22 oz.), so it was just under 50 labels. I fit 6 labels on a page, and paid for I think 7 pages. A test page of one of the labels came out the wrong size (ended up being perfect for the 22 oz. bottles! bonus!), so I got 8 pages for the price of 7. Then I got 7 of the other label (I'll drink the few without labels first, before I forget what they are).

If your priority is making beer to save money, printing at Kinkos might not be the best option for you. For me, I enjoy the fact that it is cheaper, but mostly brew because it is fun. I know I can buy better beer than I can brew, for now at least (only brewed 4 batches so far). So, I'm just having fun. Less than $10 spent on 2 batches doesn't increase the per bottle cost enough to bother me.

I just spent $7.50 on a 4-pack of New Belgium's new pale lager, Shift. It tastes great, and is still way more expensive (per beer) than spending money on some fun labels for my homebrew.

Awesome Job. Just what I was looking for. found it on google, before I looked in here. But anyway. Its great. :mug::mug:

Fantastic site! I've used it for about 10 different beers and all the labels receive great feedback. Have recommended it to several other brewers as well.

Grinch Juice.jpg

Great Pumpkin.jpg

Square Key Lime 2.jpg

Has anyone paid for the $5 dollar membership yet? I don't mind paying but am not sure how you keep your membership after. I don't see any sign up or login page on this site.

Can anyone enlighten me, I have email the site owner but he never replied.

I paid, it's well worth it. You just have to keep the email you get when you register and enter the site through the enclosed link.

My registration email went into my gmail junk folder, so check there if you don't see it.

The site developer answered my questions in this thread.

I just cant figure out . whenever I name the label and add jpeg .when i save it I get a blank

I just paid the $5. I may not use the labelizer very often, but I'm interested in more designs and I suck very badly at making my own designs, so this is pretty nice.

This looks awsome. I would love to see a label that looks more craft-brew/home made like. I recently watched a video on a craft brewery. Their label was a rectangular (approx 5cm x 12cm) piece of grey wrapping paper and they used a rubber ink stamp to manually add their text to it. Dipping it in the ink and stamping each label by hand. This added the visual dimension of hand-made quality to their product. Be great to see your labelizer with such type of addition. Use a font where some letters have minor defects, simulating a worn rubber stamp. Something along those lines.

This looks awsome. I would love to see a label that looks more craft-brew/home made like. I recently watched a video on a craft brewery. Their label was a rectangular (approx 5cm x 12cm) piece of grey wrapping paper and they used a rubber ink stamp to manually add their text to it. Dipping it in the ink and stamping each label by hand. This added the visual dimension of hand-made quality to their product. Be great to see your labelizer with such type of addition. Use a font where some letters have minor defects, simulating a worn rubber stamp. Something along those lines.

Great Idea. Sounds like you have come up with my next label design for me :)

Which adhesive labels are you using? I got some Avery #5164, 6 labels per sheet. They will work but don't quite line up right. The bottom two labels run slightly off the edge.

I've used full page labels and cut them out by hand. But I haven't done any of the rectangular ones. Have you been able to fit them on so you can just peel them and stick them without doing any cutting?

Signpost,
The Avery labels I used are 6 labels per sheet. The last two labels print a fraction of an inch off the label, not too bad but not perfectly centered. I might take the label image (.jpg) down to Kinkos and see what they can do with a laser printer.

does anyone know a good site to order blank lables off of? what size works? I have not labeled yet but this is perfect for what I want to do. Also where can i find the sheild design labels.

I know posting will bring this up for several minutes. Hopefully some of the folks will see how quick and easy this is.
I was kicking back listening to a little R.E.M. sucking down a Twilight by Deschutes Brewery being very unmotivated.
I was thinking about making labels for my first beer. I did a quick search and came up with this thread. In 3 minutes
labels were coming out of the printer. Thanks Bro! Great, easy & sweet!

The Avery labels work well but are much too tough to remove. Even after a good soaking in PBW! So I quit using them. Anyone have a tip for getting the Avery labels off easily?

The Beer Labelizer site is awesome BTW!!

-Nagorg
Paid Labelizer User

The Avery labels work well but are much too tough to remove. Even after a good soaking in PBW! So I quit using them. Anyone have a tip for getting the Avery labels off easily?

The Beer Labelizer site is awesome BTW!!

-Nagorg
Paid Labelizer User

I suppose it depends on how high of quality you want but why not just use a nice paper and simple glue that comes off easy?

I suppose it depends on how high of quality you want but why not just use a nice paper and simple glue that comes off easy?

That's exactly what I do and it works great. But the Avery labels were a great time saver plus they don't come off with condensation. But seems like they don't want to come off at all... :S

That's exactly what I do and it works great. But the Avery labels were a great time saver plus they don't come off with condensation. But seems like they don't want to come off at all... :S

No time saver if it takes forever to get off!!! I want to do labels and I'm open to suggestions on what is the all around best way to do it: Cheap, Classy, Easy to clean and looks good!

absolutely love the Beerlabelizer. adds a really classy touch to an otherwise brown bottle!
the trick with the milk has worked wonders too.

first two designs:

GrandCrewe.jpg

allin_label.jpg

Just signed up (paid $5) but it doesn't recognize me and there's no way to sign in.

Suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, that confirmation was in my junkmail. All good!

Speaking of, a Bottlcap version of this would be awesome, as would be an option to expand your label (I mostly bottle 22oz bombers and 1 Liter swing tops).

Great site, all in all.

What a great application, and a good tip regarding using milk. In minutes I have a labeled bottle in front of me. One question though. I cannot see where to sign up for $5 and get more choices and flexibility.

Thanks,

Paul

Andy, you are amazing ! - Can I put a request in for a Stout based Label? btw if people have not paid the $5.00 for the premium membership that is the least we can do for these awesome labels !

Mike

Some of the label are free. If you try to make a label with a picture, when you click on print lable you will see the instructions to sign up.

Back