Electric Smoker Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
I just got back from Lowes where I purchased a Masterbuilt 30" Powder Coated Electric Smoker. You set the temp on the top similar to a Digital Johnson controller. You load the wood in from the side so you don't have to open the door. The temp controller also has a timer to shut off when you're not around. Seems pretty slick to me. Goes up to 275F. I bought the first one (black) for $200.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these. I can't wait to do a butt on this thing. I'm trying to formulate a recipe right now.

Mouth watering... :mug:

Try smokingmeatforums.com--is a forum much like this w/ lots of corporate knowledge & willingmess to help just like here.

I want a smoker so bad... That looks like a pretty good size to me. let us know if you like it. I may have to put one on my Christmas list... wait why doe the camo version cost $120 more?

I want a smoker so bad... That looks like a pretty good size to me. let us know if you like it. I may have to put one on my Christmas list... wait why doe the camo version cost $120 more?

give it another week or so and BI-MART will start the Hunting Season sales.
I picked up my Gas smoker there for under $100 bucks a couple of seasons ago.

DSCF00821.JPG

Ok, the electric smoker was AMAZING. I was concerned about how much smoke flavor the meat would actually take. I slightly over-smoked the meat! The ribs also finished an hour and a half under schedule. It was hard for me to judge how to do them when I'd only done them on a normal smoker that fluctuates a little bit. This thing is like a rock-solid beast. I put 10 lbs of country ribs in it at 250F, apple juice in the pan, hickory in the box and they were done in 3 hrs flat. I'm speechless really. They were GREAT!

In short. This electric smoker has an LCD readout of your current temp and time left. You set both parameters and it keeps it till time runs out up to 275F. You feed the wood chips from a hatch in the side. Amazing.

:mug:

Back