Question about buying hops grown labelled 2011 crop.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to buy some hop from an online supplier (farm House Brewing) that I have had good luck with. Some of the hops that I am needing they only have listed as grown in 2011 and I wanting to know what other brewers think about using hops from this long ago. Their hops have always come vacuum sealed in mylar bags. If I do use hops from 2011 should i make adjustments in my recipe or treat them at regular strength.

I, as well, have made many hop purchases with Farmhouse. I have some 2011 crop that I purchased from them that I am still using with no noticeable differences. I also don't adjust the amount of hops I use, even with the bittering hops.

I, as well, have made many hop purchases with Farmhouse. I have some 2011 crop that I purchased from them that I am still using with no noticeable differences. I also don't adjust the amount of hops I use, even with the bittering hops.

Same here^^

Back