Hmmm....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
What does it take to make a Homebrew club? The clubs in my area are at least an hour drive in either direction and started tinking after talking to someone at the HBS who wishes one was closer too that I could just make one closer.

Does anyone brew beer at a club? How do you transport the fishished product if your somewhere? I can't image moving a carboy around too far to be all that fun.

Dammit man ! I thought we WERE a homebrew club !

You could put the carboy in the front seat w/ the seatbelt around it.
I think it was Alaska aLE , on this site ,who told a story of hitting a moose on his way home from a brew session. Had to ask the officer who gave him a ride home if he could bring his beer ! Fine story.

i'm trying to get one started right now. first we thought of a clever name, then registered it with AHA, so i guess we are a homebrew club actually. we talked with a brewer and got a space to do it, and a sponsorship, now we just need members. for that we're putting up flyers in the breweries and liquor stores, as well as on campus, and i made a announcement in my bio-chem of fermentation class, right now we've got about 8 interested people. don't know where it'll go from here.

Back