Simple keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emyers

Reaction score
Last night i soldered some NPT fittings with silver pipe solder and flux from HD. I used teflon tape and then wire brushed off the excess.The tapered end which was threaded I turned down on a belt sander then polished everything with 200 grit then a series of steel wool down to 000 grit. For now i will use the high temp 500F silicone line tied to the handle in place of a valve, ill see how that works during the boil.

Up next a full polish.

Note to self reference the spout to the handles next time!

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

Lol hope I didn't sound like a snob. Ever since I discovered the dark side of brass I couldn't imagine using it. I had a bunch if brass compression firings in my still and couldn't believe I didn't get sick or anything. For me it's worth the extra $$$ to go stainless to ensure a clean end product

Clearcut23 said:
Lol hope I didn't sound like a snob. Ever since I discovered the dark side of brass I couldn't imagine using it. I had a bunch if brass compression firings in my still and couldn't believe I didn't get sick or anything. For me it's worth the extra $$$ to go stainless to ensure a clean end product

Wow that's a lot of typos. ****in iphone.

Did you just use propane to silver solder that in there? Looks great.

You'll want a ball valve before long. I think that silicone hose is good to around 450 or 500F. Flames get a lot hotter than that. Might work, might not.

I do plan on going to a ball valve in the near future. This is a version 1.0 just to get the keggle working for the initial batch. And yes this was done with a propane torch.

Back