kegerator question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simcoe26

Reaction score
I am building a kegerator with the freezer on top. But I want my tap handles higher. My buddy suggested running the lines through the freezer and just put the taps on the outside of the freezer but keep the kegs in the fridge. Is this possible and if it is how much harder is it

Has anyone ran their lines through the freezer and back down to the fridge

I've seen top-freezer fridges that have had the freezer floor removed, leaving one big volume with two doors. I think that's what I'd shoot for...

Cheers!

I've seen top-freezer fridges that have had the freezer floor removed, leaving one big volume with two doors. I think that's what I'd shoot for...

Cheers!

To add on to that, there was a picture in the (huge) "show your keezer" thread where someone did just that but made a custom handle so both doors would open together and not separate. Looked pretty cool.

If your freezer is set to freeze, then no. Your beer will freeze in the lines.

If its not going to freeze, then yes - You can run your beer lines wherever you like

I use short tap handles and mounted them as high as possible while retaining the functional freezer. Honestly, the height isn't even noticeable.

photobucket-4950-1346002989175.jpg

photobucket-3945-1347729451516.jpg

Back