What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just brewed a English ordinary bitter over the weekend so that makes it now.

5.5 gallons of a English bitter
5.5 gallons of a West Flanders red ale
5.5 gallons of a traditional turbid mashed lambic
5.5 gallons of saison être

Metheglin with vanilla/ginger. Had too much volume,for my 2 small fermenters so I used one small and my 3 gallon,must have had 3.5 gallons total-9# honey/3 gallons of water.
First one,not brewing this summer and used pretty much all my grain/hops up(last batch)-save for a 1/2# of roasted barley I vaccume sealed to the freezer.
So thought it was a good opportunity for a mead and maybe appropriate especially being newly married and having a first child come January.Thought it would be good by then too-why have an empty carboy-anyway?. So Ill hand some out to family after the baby. Think Im just going to use beer bottles. Im guessing it may be around 10%. Im so used to boil off that I kinda didnt think of my ending volume,oh well I have more now. Ill probably end up racking a few times till I can get a full 3 gallon back into my 3 gallon carboy and whatever left over in a growler for secondary maybe before bottleing (maybe Ill oak the little one).

image-3369574220.jpg

5 gallons of chocolate oatmeal stout.

El cheapo CostCo Chardonnay (Argentia Ridge). This is the second of the two kits that came in the box. It's a pretty bland wine and I won't be buying anymore of it. However with the summer coming on it will be put to good use making spritzers and slushies.

One gallon jug of apfelwein.

El cheapo CostCo Chardonnay (Argentia Ridge). This is the second of the two kits that came in the box. It's a pretty bland wine and I won't be buying anymore of it. However with the summer coming on it will be put to good use making spritzers and slushies.

One gallon jug of apfelwein.
You are going to wish you had more of that.

Even more red rice wine. Testing to see if you can reuse the starch mass to do another batch. It's looking good so far.

2 gallons of something similar to Yoopers hard lemonade and 5 gallons of a pale ale that I dry hopped a week ago and need to bottle soon.

Bottled my Maori IPA Saturday,brewed one of two Berlin Wheat PM kits Sunday. The wheat started at 60.8F @ 5:54 & by 8:04 pegged the airlock center piece to the cap. It's now at 71.6F & bubbling steadilly. Good thing it's in the Cooper's micro brew fermenter,which is some 27L clear full. At 19L recipe volume,it's bubbling steadilly enough that the 2nd kit in the Ale Pail will likely need a blow off.

Bottled my Maori IPA Saturday,brewed one of two Berlin Wheat PM kits Sunday. The wheat started at 60.8F @ 5:54 & by 8:04 pegged the airlock center piece to the cap. It's now at 71.6F & bubbling steadilly. Good thing it's in the Cooper's micro brew fermenter,which is some 27L clear full. At 19L recipe volume,it's bubbling steadilly enough that the 2nd kit in the Ale Pail will likely need a blow off.
Is that the one where you had the two nutrient packets?

You are going to wish you had more of that.

Nope, a one gallon jug of apfelwein is going to be enough because there is (almost) always at least one jug brewing away in the fermentation chamber, sometimes two.

My 5 cubic foot chest freezer can only hold one full size fermenter at a time but the hump over the compressor can hold two one gallon jugs with clearance enough for the airlocks. It's a rare occurence that there isn't at least one jug sat on there.

I've got some apfelwein that is over five months old. I'll be cracking a bottle this weekend to see how it's doing.

I have 10gal of a Brown Porter and 5gal of a session Pale in my primaries.

I think I already listed the 10gal of sour in an earlier post... but that needs to go to a glass secondary in about 10 days along with some BFM and Tilquin dregs for the long sleep to 2015.

My first batch of PM Berlin Wheat just finished initial fermentation in primary. That WY3056 took off quick & strong. Gunna brew another batch of it this Weekend to fill the other fermenter! :ban:

Golden Ale I brewed this morning;

7.5# 2 row
2.5# Munich 7
Mashed at 148 for 60 minutes (that was unlike me, long story, I think the lower temp effected my efficiency a bit)

1oz WGV 6.5 alpha 60 minutes
1oz WGV/1oz Cascade 5 minutes

OG 1.051
S05

I have something that I thought was an IPA but I might have made an English brown ale instead. :confused: What would y'all call this?

7LBS amber DME
1lb Crystal 40L Steeped 155 for 20 min

Hops are
.5 warrior 60 min
.5 Warrior 35 min
.5 Simcoe 30 Min
.5 Cascade 30 min
.25 Simcoe 15 Min
.25 Cascade 15min
.25 Simcoe 0 min
.25 Cascade 0 min

1 oz Simcoe dryhop 7 days
1oz Cascade Dryhop 7 days

WLP001 with 1.5L starter

IBU's 55 SMR 13

25ltrs of Ginger Champagne.... got a few more months to go. Joke is I have just tossed my Ginger Beer plant after making it solidly for 2 years, got tired of taking it on holiday with us. My friend, after I excitedly told her what I was brewing, asked me what the difference was between the two. All I could think of at the time to reply was "it's alcoholic?'..... chuckle... my husband thought this very funny as it'll be another 9 months before we can drink it.
Anyway all my bottles are full.
Plum Wine
6 crates Apple cider
3 crates Pear cider
3 crates summer ale
2 crates Grand Cru
4 ltrs Mead
2 Demijohns Feijoa & Currant wine
Should do us for the winter hey!

Just bottled the Wee Heavy and 60/-, so those are OUT of fermenters now, but still got the ESB and Ordinary Bitter going. With the AmIIPA ready to kick and the english IIPA on tap, we're about to have almost nothing but UK Beers around the house!

Newest to oldest

Primary:
*3.5gal 4 Day Weekend IPA (brewed yesterday) on top of my Nut in yo ' Brown Eye US-05 yeast cake (first time trying this)

*3.5gal Basement Wheat (Unspiced American Wheat, that everyone says tastes like Blue Moon) using WLP090, San Diego Super

*3.5gal Dominatrix IPA (based off of Ninkasi Total Domination IPA) using US-05

Secondary:
*3gal Nut in Yo' Brown Eye (Brown Ale) using US-05

Bottle Carbing:
*Saison De La Maison Wong

RTD:
*Big Boys and Girls Need Loving Too IIPA (11%abv, 1.013FG, 119IBUs)

*Belma Motueka Pale Ale (5.4%abv, 1.007FG, 44IBUs)

*NB De Belge Farmhouse IPA (7.2%abv, 1.013FG, 66IBUs)

Since I just bottled 10 gallons in the last 3 days. I only have a golden hop bomb in my fermenter... better brew soon. I'm thinking. Wookie Jack inspired beer

Single hop simcoe pale ale
Hefeweizen
Vienna Lager

Gonna rack the first two today, the Vienna Lager is about 1 week in. Probably will brew my 50th batch ever this week...it'll be a American Brown Ale, or a Barleywine.

Primary 1: Belgian Tripel
Primary 2: Caramel Ale
Secondary 1: Coconut Porter
Conditioning: PA Lager; Chocolate Cherry Stout; Peach Ale
Drinking and enjoying: Spicey Brown Ale; Atomic Ale; Hazelnut Porter; Winter Warmer Cherry

5 gal. english brown -- and it is going to town right now! Had to replace the airlock with a blow-off tube.... man it smells great!

Back