Brewers in the Austin Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTbrewer

Reaction score
So I am fairly new to brewing (I have 2 batches under my belt) but I am looking for other brewers in the Austin area to chat with about this fantastic hobby and possibly exchange brews & ideas! I know of the Austin Zealots club but I haven't been able to make a meeting yet. Any Zealots on here that can tell me more about the club? :mug:

Chris Colby is a member.

You guys actually have water to brew with down there? That drought must be awful. Lake Travis is starting to look like a pond.

Never been to a zealots meeting, though I've meant to for a while. Been doing more drinking than brewing with the heat lately. Welcome, you picked the right hobby. We're lucky to have a well stocked LHBS in our neck of the woods.

Yea, Austin Homebrew is legendary on these forums, and are even better if you don't have to pay shipping, and can talk to the staff in person.

I'm not familiar with the Zealots, but if you need bottles, I'll be moving out soon and need to dump 2 or 4 cases.

And yea, I brewed a lot during march and april, knowing I am not capable of brewing in the summer, and probably won't start up until october.

I definitely love AHS. Those guys are super helpful and know their sh*t! Planning on getting another carboy here in the next month so I can get 2 batches going at one time!!:drunk:

I'm in Victoria and use Austin. I pulled in one day to look and ended up buying a starter kit and have been back two more times since then. Great to deal with and ask questions.

Austin brewer checking in! I am not a member of the club, but I also have 2 batches under my belt (along with helping out some friends on several other batches).

You guys brewed anything really good from AHS lately? I am looking to brew a batch this weekend and I am trying to decide on what to brew!

South Austin checkin in. I've brewed many AHS kits. I like their west coast pale ale and the American amber. Just brewed their American red and dry stout. I've been startin my brews around 7 pm and goin til the wee hours of the morning to avoid the heat. Any Austinites wanna come by on a friday or saturday night for some brews/brewing lemme know.

So who all is going to the Zealots picnic Saturday?? I was planning on stopping by to check things out and meet everyone!

yeah I didn't end up making it out there. I was sad but something came up. I will be at the next meeting at the Gingerman though! I am clearing my schedule!

I'll subscribe to this thread and try to remember to post my next brew day, you are welcome to drop by. I haven't decided whether I'm brewing this Saturday or going to EdWort's place over in Bee Cave.

By the time I got back to the kegs, the cherry was gone and the watermelon was almost dead... It was about 9 gals between the two; that was pretty late and I was significantly inebriated ...

I was wiped out on Sunday though.. LOL I left the site @ 7:30a and went home to sleep til 3p o_O

As far as future brewdays, I think Im going to do a 5 gallon batch of a Firestone Walker DBA sometime this week (commitment time comes mostly at starter build time), and possibly a 10gal saison this weekend.... Id travel, but Id need a truck to transport the rig.

I have a few pics of the picnic in my gallery. The pic below was the main tap board. I had a blast and probably tried about 20 of the 35 or so homebrews on tap.

Oh and to the OP....there are many Austin brewers on here that brew quite frequently. I'm up in Pflugerville and brew on average every 2 weeks. You are welcome to come hang out any time. Just send me a PM & I can let you know when the next batch is going down.

IMG_4022.JPG

Have yall considered a group brew session where we meet up somewhere and get a few batches going at the same time? I would be happy to host or drag my gear somewhere else to brew with yall.

Have yall considered a group brew session where we meet up somewhere and get a few batches going at the same time? I would be happy to host or drag my gear somewhere else to brew with yall.
That would be cool to do a group think. I don't think I would bring my stuff to carry it back 130 miles but I would definitely go watch ( and ask a million questions). Although, if I had a fermentor bucked filled and then drove it home it should be really aerated.

I would be definitely be in for a group brewing session sometime! I am not into all-grain yet (except for BIAB) but I would bring whatever I could to help out! fermenters, ingredients, etc...

Let me know of anything gets going!

Good Morning y'all.

I just ordered my kegging set-up from Pedal Biker Sunday. I am looking for the closest place between Copperas Cove and Austin Home Brew to get my CO2 filled. I don't want to swap bottles out though, my kit came with a brand new Aluminum bottle.

I reckon I will be going to AHB every 3-4 months anyway.

Thanks

Mike

Well I brew about every other weekend. I'll have to check with swmbo to see if I could host a massive brewday. I think it'd be fun.

I live near Manchaca. I think that would be a lot of fun. I have a crazy schedule at work, but if I am available, I would love to.

Good Morning y'all.

I just ordered my kegging set-up from Pedal Biker Sunday. I am looking for the closest place between Copperas Cove and Austin Home Brew to get my CO2 filled. I don't want to swap bottles out though, my kit came with a brand new Aluminum bottle.

I reckon I will be going to AHB every 3-4 months anyway.

Thanks

Mike

I work in Killeen and live in Leander. I would be happy to bring your tank down and fill it and bring it to you the next day. Would be an excuse to go to AHS anyway. I am usually near there Tuesday and Wednesday nights. PM me if your interested.

Also you guys should subscribe to the Central Texas Brewers group, it isnt very active but a few of us post our brewdays in there and it may be easier to organize.

Just got the ingredients for the 'cream of 3 crops' today from AHBS. I could stand to learn a thing or two about brewing. I'd love to meet some local HBT'ers.

I live off Braker. I work on the weekends some, but I would make a serious effort to get to a brew day! I will bring my own creations and whatever else is needed!
I also just joined the central texas brewers group if anything gets going on there I will try to post it here as well!

Latest posts

Back