Beer Line Length for Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot0rum247

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am planing out the specs for my soon to be kegerator and want to know if there is a certain length of tubing that works the best for the line running to my cornies to the faucets. Thanks.

Your responses will vary. Some people will refer you to online calculators that are supposed to give you the correct line length for temp, press, etc... That will work for about 22% of the people.

The majority of us will recommend starting with a minimum of 10' lines. It's easier to cut a line than splice one. Trust me, even though I'm a bit buzzed and happy, start with 10' lines.

Is this true for the typical Sanyo fridge with a tower?

Your responses will vary. Some people will refer you to online calculators that are supposed to give you the correct line length for temp, press, etc... That will work for about 22% of the people.

The majority of us will recommend starting with a minimum of 10' lines. It's easier to cut a line than splice one. Trust me, even though I'm a bit buzzed and happy, start with 10' lines.

10' of beer line is way to long for a typical direct draw system. If you use the formula's you will find it should be between 4.5 and 5" for the typical beer. The exception to this would be if you were using a highly carbonated beer.

I am lazy. My tank pressure is set to whatever is required to carb the beer to the correct volume and my lines are 6' in length. Done.

This is not true. It will work for less than 20% of the peoples. Where are you getting your numbers?

Start with 10', cut down from there if necessary. On my setup, (38F, 11 PSI, lines inside fridge, taps thru fridge door), 5' gave craptons of foam, 10' worked perfectly.

Back