Here's what I'm doing tonight...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't resist testing out my new ugly keggle. Wanted to make sure it fit on my new banjo.

I'll just mash and drain tonight...tomorrow is the boil.

Brew_night1.JPG

Perfect temp for my "Not So American Pale Ale" and a glass of Cheesefoods Caramel Cream Ale.

Now this is the way to spend a Friday night....

Brew_night2.JPG

thats my setup right there!

except I have the wife's old baker's rack as my mash table.

good system though eh?

This is my first time breaking up the brew process.

I just finished my last vorlauf (sp) and have 6.75 gallons of sweet wort sitting in the brew pot.

I recon that sitting outside in a 55 degree garage, there won't be any "spoilage" issues. I plan on hitting some errands first thing in the AM and then firing up the banjo.

I should be cleaned up and pitched by 12:00noon at the latest.

I'll post the results of this "broken brew".

Hey Biermuncher,

Do you thread your MLT lid completely closed (pic)? How has your tru-temp held up under the moisture?

lgtg said:
Hey Biermuncher,

Do you thread your MLT lid completely closed (pic)? How has your tru-temp held up under the moisture?
Yeah, my lid is scewed down tight. I drilled a 1/8 " hole in the top of the cooler lid and stick the temp probe down there. The volume in the cooler is high enough I get the probe about 3-4 inches into the mash.

I recon that the mash temp at the heart of the cooler is prolly 1-2 degrees warmer that the upper area.

As long as I keep that braid out of the moisture, everything works fine.

Latest posts

Back