• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Legal services for homebrew equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
I am a licensed attorney in Colorado as well as licensed to practice before the U.S. patent and trademark office. Business is slow and I like to brew. Hence I would be willing to trade my services for some quality home brew equipment.

Services I can provide are:

Small business legal issues;
Contracts;
Patents;
Trademarks; and
Tax matters.

I am looking for some higher end equipment such as SS brew kettles, mashtuns, HLT, pumps and brew stands.

PM if interested.

Thanks all.

Gregg

I would think it would take a **** load of Brew equipment to make trading for legal services fair...

Crap, my Brutus is only worth about 4K in parts... that isn't a lot of legal advice ;)

OMG and what would these good people say about a law maker, rather than a lawyer?

What have we become?

so let me get this straight - you create your own professional class through an exorbitantly expensive education process and bar association fees, thereby limiting the supply of attorneys, in order to charge high prices for your "services" (which are largely made necessary by other attorneys in our over litigious society). AND you have the audacity to ask hard working homebrewers to trade their equipment????

has law school made me bitter?

so let me get this straight - you create your own professional class through an exorbitantly expensive education process and bar association fees, thereby limiting the supply of attorneys, in order to charge high prices for your "services" (which are largely made necessary by other attorneys in our over litigious society). AND you have the audacity to ask hard working homebrewers to trade their equipment????

awesome. +1 for the bitterness from law school. I'm half-way done :ban:

just wait - by the end of third year you officially lose the ability to contort your face into a smile.

You must be at WM. My wife was class of '07 - it's very true. The only cure is copius amounts of alcohol, it relaxes the face muscles enough to give a smirk. :fro:

Good lord... this is the best thread I have read in a while. I am really amused.

The only legal services I need are changing the archaic laws in Georgia (three tier system in particular).

I would trade you my left nut to get the laws to mirror colorado.

But you probably already have a left nut.... How about a case of old Schlitz bottles?

(sorry... owandering off to go drink now)

I kind of feel bad for the OP. He legitimately wants brewing equipment and wants to offer a service for it. Unfortunately, his profession is one that we all like to razz on.

That being said, OP why don't you trade your soul for brewing equipment? Wait, never mind you've already gotten rid of your soul.... :D

I dislike lawyers as much as the other guy, but dang...Oh, did I say that out loud? :drunk:

So, there are inner words and outer words...:D Like the song says, "...he's frsh out of law school with a license to steal..."

I hope you're wearing that cup under a suit of armor...:mug:

Just pulling your leg...good luck on that search...I'll keep you in mind if I ever get in trouble in CO. :rockin:

Holy crap! Reading this post I was like wait this guy is a lawyer/law student up in Old Town! Great followup!

To the OP! You should check out the DIY forum and those crazy designs those guys make on brewing equipment and get one of those crazy Einstein brewer inventors a patent and perhaps a first edition in payment :tank:

Hell I'd love to help someone patent their cool brew idea. I've already done a few cool brew things for people thus far.

Back