Buying bottles in DC/Metro area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACo

Reaction score
Hey all -- I just moved back home to Bethesda and I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to buy empty bottles. I was living in Phila before and there was a distro that sold them to me for $3.50 for a case of pints (which was a great deal, i thought). Anyhow, I was wondering if there was any place like this around my new area.

Thanks!

:ban:

If you had a deposit law, you could simply ask any bar or place of return if you could buy them for the price of deposit. That's what I do. A local bar is saving Guinness bottles for me and I have a beer store about 15 minutes away which lets me pick through their massive piles of returns.

Not as handy now that I'm kegging...

I found this store near me that sells bottles. Only problem is, they're not pre-emptied. I have to empty them myself! :drunk:

You're going to want to check out mdhb.com - Maryland Homebrew in Columbia. They have everything you need. I am in Silver Spring BTW. Welcome home!

That, and join the MD Brewday group. A lot of us have some extra bottles lying around and I'm sure we'd be willing to part with some to a fellow group memeber.

Saw once that somone just goes around on recycle day and checks people's recycle bins. This guys said his kids won't let him do it in his own neighborhood though. Lol

Latest posts

Back