Homemade Hopstopper... Where to get the SS Mesh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
I'm going to build my own hop stopper, but I'm having problems finding the mesh for the project. Anyone want to give me a source? I've tried Mcmaster, Grainger, Ebay- No luck...

Thanks!

Seems there have been some recent threads where people bought mesh from McMaster-Carr. I know I've seen people build these from mesh from either a colander or splatter screen.

Not sure what exactly you have in mind, but you could perhaps check a glass dealer to see if they stock SS screen. You would probably have to double it up, if that doesn't make it too bulky.

i dont know exactly want u want too, but you can take the inards out of a flexible tap connection on use that

I used these screens from McMaster Carr - part number: 9317t322 - 12" diameter, 40 mesh, SS. $15 for two. Stitched together with SS wire from McMaster as well. They do let some fine hop particles through, and so I added a clean out because they get stuck inside the hop stopper. I should really show a photo, but am at work, etc. I'll try to remember to take a pic and add tonight.

I got 30x30 screen at mcmaster carr as well. I stripped off wires from the sides for my "thread" so I would not have to order a spool.

Here's the part number from BobbyM's site
mcmaster.com part number
85385T857

I plan on giving this one a go when I get the single tier finished.

Back