First Beer Finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS0617

Reaction score
I finished my first beer and am very happy with it. Now, I am wondering how long 47 bottles can sit before being refrigerated and consumed. I know I do not have to put everything in the fridge and drink it now, but how long are they good not refrigerated? I hope this makes sense.

Depends on the style but I find that most my beers taste best after 2 or three months and have had some best after 6 months. if there cold they will age slower than at room temp

Give them at least 3 weeks at 70 to carb up then try a few. After that put some in your fridge for a few days whenever you want some. They will last a long time sitting at a stable 70. I have some almost a year ok and still taste great. Some even better now that they have aged!

Depending on the style they're good for a very long time. And by "good" I don't mean they'll spoil... because they won't. But flavors and aromas do fade over time. Light, weak-flavored beers tend to taste one-note after too long. On the other hand, my 3 year old barleywine is amazing and gets more complex each year I've sampled it.

First... Grats on your first brew.
If you can help it dont keep more than a 6 pack in the fridge at a time.
Like the other posts have said they get better with a little age. Also keeps you from drinking them fast :)
Also if you want your beer to last longer... hurry up and get that second, third, fourth batch going :)

I had a brown ale in my basement that I just finished off. I was a year old and still good.

Welcome to the addiction.

I definitely second the statement to go ahead and get your second batch going soon. You will be wanting another before you know it! Start getting your pipeline full. Brew another in a week or two.
I try to brew at least once a month, if not more often. If I have money and an open fermenter, I brew.

My first ever batch was a Belgian Wit. After 3 weeks in the carboy, I bottled. Within less than a week, it was great! Now, two weeks later, there are few left :mug:

Get that 2nd batch going, stat!

Back