holy shipyard pumpkinhead ale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost

Reaction score
So I was considering doing some adventurous brewing for the fall... I saw publix is now carrying shipyard ale so I thought I might try either their ipa or their pumpkinhead. Well, I must say the pumpkinhead is incredible! I've definately got to try and brew something up half as good. Man, I'd like to brew 20 gallons of the stuff so I could have it around all year long!

So, anyone have any clone recipes for the pumpkinhead ale.. heck any recipes for any really really good pumpkin pie tasting beer. I've gotta brew it up soon because $7.50 a sixer is gonna kill my wallet at the rate I'm going through the stuff.

I have been looking for a recipe ever since I tried my first Pumpkinhead. So far no luck. All I know is that its a wheat ale with nutmeg and cinnamon. I havent been able to find out anything else so far.

i got hooked on that stuff last year when I was working in new hampshire. the bartender at one of the local bars would rim the glass in a cinnamon/sugar mix. im not one for fufu drinks but that was deffinatly a nice touch. Me and a buddy even drove up to maine to see the brewery.

Back