Mash Paddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead24

Reaction score
My Brother-in-law made this mash paddle for me. It's sweet. Can't wait to use it. Installing my vent hood tomorrow or Friday.

IMG_0241.jpg

http://badassbrewery.shutterfly.com/#&emid=site_dailydigest&cid=SHARE3SXXXX

I have some new pics that I'm trying to add to this site. I'll post a new one here in a sec. I build a B10 that will use NG as well as The Beast! A 6'x6.5'x3' fridge, two zones so I can lager when I need to while keeping everything at serving temp. I should be lagering now since the temp outside is 2F.

Nice!!!

I was thinking about going the Natural Gas route but then found out about the vent hood requirement. I guess it's doable (as can be seen in you photo).
Post some pics when you get it all done.

I will post more pics. Yes NG is doable. I had 5 plumbers come out to take the job of running and hooking up the gas line. They all bailed. Ran the gas line myself...no leaks. But won't do a test on the B10 until the hood is in place. I scored the hood on a online auction for $120. It's a Vent a Hood and goes for $1200. I think that's a good price..lol.

Very nice. We will be relocated in the next few years and I plan to do something similar when we build a house.

Yea I guess like me brewing at 5F is kind of a pain. Good for lagering and chilling wort, but pain in the arse trying to see in the brew pot.

Got home from work early and was able to get the hood up in the brewery. I still need to make some adjustments so it hangs correctly. Connected 3 wires to see if the lights and fan would come on. Amazingly they both worked. Almost time for a test firing.:ban:

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Looks good. I too am sick of brewing in 5* but I'm stuck in the garage for a while. Your setup looks awesome, great job!

Back