Deschutes Jubel 2010 special release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
The bottle says: Best after 1/29/11, but I had to crack it early.

Yep, I am a cradle robber... er, I mean I will try young beers. Anyway:

Wow! Pick some up and age it. Young it is an amazing cross between a very smooth barleywine and a Belgian dubbel. The aroma has some red-wine hints (see their website).

This will age beautifully. It's very nice now, but I am getting a few more to lay down 'til after the "best by" date.

For the limited release 10% "super Jubel"?

It'd KILL me to drink a gallon at 10% - maybe I'm a weenie.

$12 for a growler of Jubel would be awesome :drunk:

The Collin's Pub has it on tap here in Seattle so I can drink it young without feeling bad about not aging it. I plan on picking up a few bottles to age next to my bottles of Life & Limb for a few years.

I just picked me up a bottle of this. It's sitting next to my bottles of Mirror Mirror, Abyss and Black Butte XXI and aging away. :)

I just picked me up a bottle of this. It's sitting next to my bottles of Mirror Mirror, Abyss and Black Butte XXI and aging away. :)

LOL, I've got a bottle in the fridge and another sitting in my beer collection which also includes Black Butte XI and Abyss.

Back