having a hard time coming up with a brewery name!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacykay

Reaction score
ok well usually i am pretty creative and i am just drawing some serious blanks on naming our brewery!!! i already have the label picked out and i love it and now i just cant seem to come up with a name!!! help please open to anything!! i am also from texas so i would like to incorperate that if i can!!

my maybe ideas but dont really like them:
backyard brewery
family affair brewery
mathys country brewery

see they just suck

Post a pic of the label, and maybe we can make suggestions based on that.

Got any hobbies, interests, amusing brewing stories that could make for a name?

Geography? Any cool features in the area that represent where you're from?

Brew in the garage? Perhaps something based on the make/model of your vehicle?

Have an amusing last name? Embarassing uncle who always starts a fight at family gatherings? Name it after him?

A previous place you lived that you liked?

Any industry or occupation that your family has been involved in?

Name of a dog.

Name of a horse?

An emotion or trait (ie "Cursing Keith's Backyard Brewpub)

I couldn't come up with anything for the life of me. I thought of trying something based off a pet's name, usernames, songs or bands but nothing seemed to work.

Finally, my girlfriend's dad calls my cat Smoke Man (name is Smokey) and that though of that kind of stuck in my head so I decided to go with Smoke Man Brewing.

Nothing special, but it really doesn't need to be...

tejas.jpg

You mean the place where ex-Americans became traitors to the country they swore allegiance to (Mexico)??? :confused:

That oughta rouse some feathers...:D

Actually, pouring salt on a wound is not a place to go...how about Ft. Defiance? ;)

my feathers are roused,
texas was stolen back from mexicans but really all of america was stolen from natives. so?

independence sounds great but i think theres one in austin already

my feathers are roused,
texas was stolen back from mexicans but really all of america was stolen from natives. so?

independence sounds great but i think theres one in austin already

"All of america was stolen from natives"...I know...sometimes I worry that I'm going to jail for possession of stolen property...:D

Since your feathers are roused, how about Rebel Rouser Brewery?

Nothing was stolen. The Mexican government became overly oppressive so the Texans decided to succeed from Mexico and become self governing. They won their independence in battle.

Actually Goliad is where the Mexican Army marched all the towns defenders to an empty field outside of town with the promise of a ceremonial release-then they were all lined up and executed. Texas won its independence at the San Jacinto Battleground just outside of Houston along the Houston Ship Channel. And to set the record straight it was not a case of "Americans" stealing from the Mexicans. Texas won its independence from Mexico in 1836 and did not become a state, or a part of America until the Republic of Texas joined the Union in 1845.

Also, for those two or three that may be interested-Texas reserved the right to succeed from the Union and that right exists to this day. We also are the only state that has the legal right to fly our state flag at the same heigth as the American flag. All the other states flags must be flown below the American flag.

We Texans do tend to be a bit proud. lacykay, How about:

Blue Bonnette Brewery
Tejas Brewing
Chisolm Trail Brewery
Longhorn Brewery

Or, since your from Goliad maybe......Independence Trail Brewery

Back