I see the name Mr. Beer thrown around a lot....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizavin

Reaction score
and what is that?

now, you have to realize I'm Canadian and the closest thing we have to a packaged home brew up here is buying a tin of Cooper's malt extract and getting some instructions that often don't make sense unless you're from Australia (the OTHER bastard child of England.). but the name seems to be really popular and a lot of people seem to talk about it.

am I missing out on something?!

Welcome to MR.BEER® - Home

it's like the simplest level of homebrewing. too simple for many. never had any interest in it personally

dude... it says "luck of the irish" but has a blatantly german lager in the hand of a blonde german woman.

ZERO credibility.

they can get back to me when they have a dirty amber haired euro-mutt with a beautiful smile and a knack for pouring stouts. I'm converted and never even set eyes on the product: Mr. Beer is a sham.

It's not entirely bad. It's a very simple way to get into homebrewing. Heck, we have an entire sticky devoted to it.

OK that said, I think it's crap and I would never use it :D

Now we all can't say that Mr.Beer is no good ect, ect, ect. For many people (including my self) started out with Mr.Beer. I made 2 batches with Mr.Beer and then went to a full kit and haven't stopped.

Are you missing anything? Not really but if you have a 2 1/2 gallon bucket go a head and try out one of there kits.

So Mr.Beer deserves a little credit. After all it got many people started in this hobby, obsession. So personally I owe thanks to Mr.Beer.

Now we all can't say that Mr.Beer is no good ect, ect, ect. For many people (including my self) started out with Mr.Beer. I made 2 batches with Mr.Beer and then went to a full kit and haven't stopped.

Are you missing anything? Not really but if you have a 2 1/2 gallon bucket go a head and try out one of there kits.

So Mr.Beer deserves a little credit. After all it got many people started in this hobby, obsession. So personally I owe thanks to Mr.Beer.

+1 I started with one of them too. That's a fair perspective I reckon.

I got started with the Mr Beer kit as well. I brewed one batch with it, then decided that I wanted to do proper extract brewing before that batch was even in the bottle. I still use it for Apfelwine from time to time.

Hello fellow Canuck! We Canadians don't have to make Coopers kits -- check around for The BrewHouse or FestaBrew kits. These are no boil, pre-made wort kits, and all you are required to do is dump them in a fermenter and pitch some yeast. If you take the time to add some steeping grains, dry hop, etc. you can make some REALLY good beer. FAR superior to Coopers. I have lots of buddies who win homebrew competition medals with these kits all the time.

The brew house

Magnotta::Festa Brew::Home

Back