Hot death sauce recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMrFrosty

Reaction score
I was inspired by the other hot sauce thread but as I am a total chilli freak I felt the recipes were not capable of quelling my insatiable lust for Capsaicin. So for the real chilli heads, those with a death wish or just the plain stupid here is my REALLY HOT sauce recipe.

Makes about 1 litre / 34 ounces

400g / 14 ounces tomatoes, finely chopped
6 Naga Jolokia chillies, finely chopped
4 Scotch Bonnet chillies, finely chopped
4 Habanero Red Savina chillies, finely chopped
3 Red Cayanne chillies, finely chopped
5 Red Birds Eye chillies, finely chopped
5 Cloves of garlic, minced
3 Medium carrots, finely chopped
2 red onions, finely chopped
5 tbsp thin tomato purée
Distilled vinegar
Salt
Olive oil
1 Million SHU Capsaicin extract

1 Heat 2 - 2.5 tablespoons of olive oil in a shallow pan
2 Slowly cook the garlic, onions and carrots until soft
3 Add the chopped chillies and cook for 5 mins or so.
4 Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and season with salt. Cook for 5 mins
5 Add enough vinegar to the pan so that it just covers the rest of the ingredients. Increase heat and bring to the boil
6 Take off from the heat and transfer everything into a blender. Blast until blended into a smooth sauce like consistency.
7 Add back to the pan and bring back to the boil
7(b) At this point the madmen should add several drops of the extract. This will make the sauce burn like crazy and should only be attempted by professionally trained idiots.
8 Once boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 mins
9 Transfer sauce into sterilised jars and seal with the lids immediately
10 Can be eaten straight away but its best to leave for a couple of weeks in the fridge.

This makes a extremely fiery but also balanced sauce that starts with a acidic kick, quickly followed by a fruity sweetness before leaving the parting gift of a complete mouth and throat burn. The combination of different chillies as well as the addition of the extract mean that no part of the mouth is safe from the sauces relentless fire.

So my fellow home-brewing chilli heads, share your recipes!

I love spicy food...but you lost me at the Naga Jolokia chillies. No Friggin Way!!!

My hat is off to you for being able to eat that.:cross:

However, I am subscribing to this thread and may come back to try it. I have never made hot sauce, and I have not found a hot sauce yet that can beat me, so why not.

I love spicy food...but you lost me at the Naga Jolokia chillies. No Friggin Way!!!

My hat is off to you for being able to eat that.:cross:

However, I am subscribing to this thread and may come back to try it. I have never made hot sauce, and I have not found a hot sauce yet that can beat me, so why not.

Leave out the Naga and the extract, replace the Red Savina Habanero with standard orange Habanero and you will still have a very tasty hot sauce with a more manageable burn :D

P.S.

Like the Zappa quote, that guy always had something sensible to say. My fav of his is "The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Back