Do I need a loveseat and chair in my living room?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
I'm kind of running out of space for my brewing and other hobbies ... looking around the most obvious thing would be in the 'living room' to get rid of the loveseat, chair (they're pretty old/nasty from my college days anyway), and maybe the 'entertainment center' which has nothing in it. I don't know ... I feel weird getting rid of it, since then there would be no true couch or chair type furniture in the house ... but the truth is they haven't been used in years. I saw a facebook friend's picture where she had that fold up camping type furniture in her apartment ... I thought ... hm ... that's a perfect/great idea!

Hm well those are interesting questions Reevy. I do live alone ... and I don't have a significant other ... do I hope to again someday ... I don't know, m a y b e. To be honest the house I live in, inside is in kind of rough shape, it's an 1850's house that was last updated in maybe 1980 ... This furniture has stains and stuff on it from things getting spilled, and from cats digging at it ... and it is consuming valuable space in the brew room, er, I mean living room. But it would feel odd not having these pieces of true 'furniture' in the house. My sister tried to help me out and put out all kinds of candles, fake flowers, lamps and stuff for me a few years ago to help me 'decorate' and make that 'pretty girl you have over' be willing, but ... slowly over the years since I've gotten rid of all that stuff to make room for other applications.

Hm load up the entertainment center with carboys ... great idea!!!

I have the spare bedroom, which was my gun room, now set up as my brewing room, with maybe 6 6.5g carboys and 8 5g carboys and some 1g bottles too, plus my saurkraut, and it's getting crowed.

Home depot is supposed to deliver my 7 cu ft chest freezer for my keezer Saturday, and honestly, right now, I have no idea where I am going to put it.

The 'master bedroom' is my workout room and is pretty full ...

No, you do not need a loveseat and/or chair.

My brewery is my laundry room. I would have a TON more space for brewing if we could eliminate that huge washer and dryer.

Clean clothes are overrated, as are loveseats and chairs.

Haha .. the washer and dryer I am not parting with ... though I did manage to squeeze a small chest freezer in the laundry room. The loveseat and chair yes I am willing to part with, I think at least the loveseat and possibly entertainment center will go to make room for the chest freezer. My kombucha brewing is right in front of the loveseat so that will take some careful work to relocate too. Ugh the carpeting in that room has to be at least 30 years old. But it's offgased all its formaldehyde and such so there is no way I would put in new carpet.

Hmm, how about a custom built couch with a temperature controlled compartment under the seat...

I just recently, well 2 weeks ago, added a couch and chair to my living room, only took 4 years to get around to that. Yes, I live alone...and only added the furniture to be closer to my kegerator:drunk:

Oh you might be on to something! How about a couch with the temp controller ... but also small kegerators under the flip up seats! This couch doesn't flip out into a bed, it flips out into a party center!

Argh it hurts to think about it but my house is in such state that not having a loveseat or couch would be very low on my list of concerns for attracting a suitable significant other.

Roger that over, it's just about as good as gone. This house has really narrow doors and I remember having to have a friend literally squeeze this furniture thorugh the narrow opening about 10 years ago. So getting it back out will be interesting. Hm though I do now have a sawzall .....

I'd go for the camping furniture and get rid of the other stuff. Kind of girl you're going to mesh with will appreciate the keezer more than the "love seat" :mug:

I'd go for the camping furniture and get rid of the other stuff. Kind of girl you're going to mesh with will appreciate the keezer more than the "love seat" :mug:

Haha good advice, why does your statement make me both happy and sad at the same time ...

Using the Sawzall on furniture in the house is a very rewarding feeling. Spend the little extra for the good demo blades.

I have a 7' sinclair gas pump in my living room so I will refrain from giving out advise on this one. There is also a 9' Curtis Jenny propeller, a Slot Machine, and a 20" x 30" Varga pinup framed over my fireplace.

If it were possible to double like a post airplanedoc I would have just done so ...

I'm going to stop waxing ecstatic about things that might someday be and live in the moment a bit. If some SO so desperately wants a loveseat and chair and we can't reach an agreemtn then we will have to deal with it. On with the brewing! and more freezers and refrigerators, since that's what it means right now.

And who's right is it to define just what is furniture and what isn't? These two CLEARLY are able to make furniture with what brewing gear they have available to them.

keg-babes.jpg

I'm kind of running out of space for my brewing and other hobbies ... looking around the most obvious thing would be in the 'living room' to get rid of the loveseat, chair (they're pretty old/nasty from my college days anyway), and maybe the 'entertainment center' which has nothing in it. I don't know ... I feel weird getting rid of it, since then there would be no true couch or chair type furniture in the house ... but the truth is they haven't been used in years. I saw a facebook friend's picture where she had that fold up camping type furniture in her apartment ... I thought ... hm ... that's a perfect/great idea!

You need a couch & a coffee table to sit on when you eat & watch TV, or when you have a date over & want to put the moves on her. Dump the loveseat, maybe save the chair (if it's not too nasty) for your buddies to sit on so they don't have to sit next to you on the couch when they visit.

Sell/dump the entertainment center that's not being used and brew, brew, brew. :mug:
Regards, GF.

If you have a spare shed, you _could_ build a chick room to keep all of your date-related equipment. Be sure to post the build to pinterest. :)

Just take that stuff out and be done! And get rid of the carpet too. 30 yo carpet has to be some NASTY A55 SHT! (Have a hepa filter vacuum ready for what's under that carpet!)

You future SO will be glad to help you pick out new furniture and whatnot anyway.

if you want to hold onto any hope of having a significant other, this is a bad idea.

although, nasty stained furniture may be a bigger turn-off than none at all. hmmm

Roger that over, it's just about as good as gone. This house has really narrow doors and I remember having to have a friend literally squeeze this furniture thorugh the narrow opening about 10 years ago. So getting it back out will be interesting. Hm though I do now have a sawzall .....

I moved into an apartment once long ago. Had a big leather couch and loveseat. Moving the couch was a PITA, barely fit through the front door. My friend and I literally got it stuck upside down on the ceiling jammed between the front door and the staircase railing immediately in front of the door. We said eff it. Had a beer, couch stuck in the ceiling... finally got it in but it was a pain. Moving out a few years later was just as bad.

Leather is great, I still have the couch and looks just as good as 10 years ago. If it were an old peice of crap when I moved it out. Sawzall! FTW.

Back