Brand New, Small Batch Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadshomebrewing

Reaction score
I've got a small kitchen, and a little house and yard, in a big city, so i'm brewing in small batches (1 gallon). besides, that yields a little more than a sixer a week, which is plenty for me.

doing small batches will allow me to tinker with things. also, it will be convenient in a couple months when the wind chill gets below zero.

I've got two jugs of mead, one pale ale, and one wheat in various stages in jugs in the basement (each made one week apart).

Put my very first ever batch of pale ale in bottles this past Thursday.

Now I'm keeping busy so i don't feel the need to go downstairs and start sampling my newly bottled beer for a couple more days.

and the screen-name dadshomebrewing is a 'riff' of a screen name i use in many other forums.

btw... any other small batch brewers in here?

oh yeah.... hello, world!!!

There is a big 1 gallon community on here...check out the 1 gallon brewers unite thread. Good luck!

One gallon brewer here! Welcome to a select club that's called insane by five gallon brewers! IMO 5 liters (1.3 gallons, 1 after trub, etc) is the perfect size.

Welcome! I'm interested in 1 gallon batches myself. I too live in a tiny apartment in the city and don't have the convenience of a good size kitchen. Smaller batches seem like a reasonable solution. Looking forward to reading you posts.

One Love & Salud :mug:

One gallon brewer here! Welcome to a select club that's called insane by five gallon brewers! IMO 5 liters (1.3 gallons, 1 after trub, etc) is the perfect size.

I've been called insane most of my misspent life... My other hobby is golf.

Why should this be any different?

1 gallon is enough to do the job in my book . I just imagine your house with small jugs bubbling everywhere like a mad scientists labratory hahaha !

Welcome the only rib that 5gallon and up brewers have to say is a lot of work for just a six pack. I make 3 gallon test batches when tweaking recipes, yield is a case for 1/2 hour more time. If 1 gallon batches work for you who cares this is a site dedicated to brewing beer, wine, mead, etc. Brewing is all about learning, know one on here knows it all, we learn new/ old techniques that take us to the goal of being better brewers and making better beer so enjoy the ride.

Back