Stroke of luck!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senior_Beer

Reaction score
I have lurked around here on the site and none of you guys told me the magic secret on how to get yourself a better set up. Well for those who are still in the dark, and have a wife who is a neat freak, destroy the kitchen three days in a row. Make sure you spill LME and DME on the floor in several spots and then do your best to track it everywhere. Next leave three days of brewing equipment that is in some stage of cleaning, sanatizing, or just plain old dirty on every available square inch of countertop. Final nail is to leave the propane burner in her parking spot and tell her that it is too hot to move right now.. Well what will this get you, you ask......She will begin looking at threads here and helping you pick out the best gear for a brew stand in order for you to move your hobby out doors. Win, win......I am going t apply my new skill on a larger level and see where it goes.........I'm just not sure how I'm gonna get my Harley in her kitchen......

......I am going t apply my new skill on a larger level and see where it goes.........I'm just not sure how I'm gonna get my Harley in her kitchen......

That's easy, buy a cheap, blown motor (just the motor, shouldn't cost more than $100 as long as it's appropriately destroyed). You'll also need a gallon or so of diesel. Now, take it apart in the garage. Once you're appropriately greasy (it helps if you do this in some decent clothes), wander into the kitchen after a mock attempt at wiping your hands and start rummaging through the cabinet in search of "old tupperware." Put the parts in the tupperware and cover them in diesel. After a few days they're ready to be posted on ebay to make room for the Harley. My dad taught me this one.

.........I'm just not sure how I'm gonna get my Harley in her kitchen......

Or you could do as I did and get one for her. I have an attached 1 1/2 car garage (heated) and a 4 stall barn. Since she got her own harley, they both get to spend the summer in the attached garage.

Now I just got to get water run out to the barn and I can start brewing out there...

Gunfighter, you my friend, are a genius.

Well, I learned something new today in my "new to me" adventures in brewing. If you have three fermenters going in the same room and one of them is an explosive wheat and honey, the smell will drive a 7 month pregnant women insane. I'm either gonna get evicted or a brew shed. Not sure how this is gonna turn out..... Pray with me for the shed....

Back