Suggest some recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakins

Reaction score
So, I'm looking for some recipe suggestions. I like almost all kinds of beer, partial to Belgian-ish beers. But, I brew and drink everything - stouts, IPA's, wheat beers, porters, ambers, etc.

I buy hops and base grain in bulk. I usually buy specialty grains as needed. I still do a good bit of partial mashes, but I can convert AG -> PM no problem. I do not have a way to lager...

So here's what I have on hand:

Base malts:

55lb British Pale
20lb Continental Pils
50 lbs Light Dry Extract (couldn't resist for under $2 a pound)

Left over from last bulk buy:
4lbs 2-row
3 lbs Munich 10L

Hops all in ounces:
Sterling - 8
Vanguard - 7
Amarillo - 8
Styrian Golding - 5
Centennial - 6
Cascade - 21
GR Magnum - 8
Willamette - 17
Saaz - 5
US Golding - 16
US Magnum - 16

So,Suggestions?

I'm been thinking of using the Pils + vanguard, saaz, and Sty Goldings to do some "Belgians." I did a pretty nice "Belgian red" that's on tap right now...

You are aware that we have an extensive recipe databse here, aren't you?

Yes, but I'm lazy :)

I was hoping for some "you really should brew X with those hops/grain/whatever."

I already have all those sites bookmarked. I've had mixed results with a lot of them - really liking some, meh on others. Same with Brewing Classic Styles.

When you look at recipes for more than about 15 minutes they start to blend together. It'd be nice to have a site that you could say "here's what I have on hand, suggest some recipes". BeerAlchemy has that capability, but you have to enter all the recipes first...

Back