Finding Things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckshott00

Reaction score
Hey All,

I need help finding 2 things.:confused:

Anyone know where I can find virgin high pressure flip top bottles for cheap online. I have been washing out old ones from Sparkling wines and the like and I want some virgin bottles especially if I could get them in Amber instead of Clear.:drunk:

The other thing is where can I find some party balls? I am having a party at the end of May and I thought it would be fun to have beer balls at the party:drunk:

Thanks for any help

Thanks Schoolmaster!!!

I just think that if you can get a good seal that the flip tops are just easier to work with. I wish they had an inbetween size (750mL) and a direct order line LOL but I guess beggers can't be choosers. Thanks again for the info

Do you have any experience with the the party pig? Part of the fun of this was I wanted to show off the colors and characteristics of my beers.

Thanks So much:D

What do you mean by having a hard time cleaning them?

Grab a bottle brush...cut the loop off...insert the sucker in a drill...pour cleaner into bottle...insert brush into bottle...pull trigger...you know the rest...;)

I've tried that, I don't know if it is the bottles or the seals or what? I've actually taken the flip loops off and run them through a dish washer. Heck, I've tried steam and deionized water (stopped short of trying acetone). Maybe it is in my head, but I swear I get flavor cross over.

I stumbled upon a case of Veldensteiner which was in swing tops. This particular case was a sampler of 4 different styles. I forget what they were but I remember not really liking most of them; they came off as sweet to me.

I remember as I type this that one was a wheat; that was my favorite. All were bottle conditioned. I wouldn't buy it again but hey, I got the bottles.

Back