Founder's Double Trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdnoona

Reaction score
OK, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm 99% sure that there are two different varieties of this beer. One that is about 45 IBUs and 6.5%, while the other is over 70 IBUs and 9.4%. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm beginning to think that I'm nuts and I never saved the bottles. But I'm pretty sure...

Just looked at a bottle. 86 bu, 9.4% abv. This and Red's RyePa are two of my favorite beers! Just bottled a Red's RyePA clone....can't wait to sample.

OK, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm 99% sure that there are two different varieties of this beer. One that is about 45 IBUs and 6.5%, while the other is over 70 IBUs and 9.4%. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm beginning to think that I'm nuts and I never saved the bottles. But I'm pretty sure...

Are you sure you are not thinking of the Centennial IPA at 6.5%? I've had both, both are great.

Are you sure you are not thinking of the Centennial IPA at 6.5%? I've had both, both are great.

I was thinking the same thing, but isn't the Centennial 7.2%?

Also a big fan of both... or anything Founder's brews for that matter. Love their stuff.

What I consider to be the best beer store in Manhattan is having a Founders event right now (New-Beer on Chrystie 3:30-6pm Friday, April 9). They didn't mention what was on tap for growlers, but they are offering for sale single bottles of Kentucky Breakfast Stout with growler fill. I really wish I weren't broke and stuck at work right now...

Back