NB American Wheat ++

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigfried

Reaction score
I recently brewed a batch of Northern Brewer's American Wheat but added 1.5# of Agave Necter to it. I used WyLabs 320 American Hefeweizen Yeast and I'm interested to see what flavor the agave lends... The primary is on day 5 right now but i'll keep everyone posted!

I just ordered the same kit, but plan on adding about 1.5lbs of the Wildflower Honey. I've used that honey in a MrBeer based kit and it turned out amazing, hoping to replicate that with this 5 gallon batch.

Just finished the keg... it was every bit of delicious. I'm going to try and replicate the recipe using all grains!

Still waiting to brew this one, have an Irish Draught still in my primary. Makes me think if I can get away with using a 5gallon BB for the wheat.

Still waiting to brew this one, have an Irish Draught still in my primary. Makes me think if I can get away with using a 5gallon BB for the wheat.

I would rack the Irish Draught to the 5g BB as a secondary whenever it's ready. Wheat beers can get a little feisty in the primary and you want to make sure there is enough space for the krausen.

Check out this vid of a watermelon wheat... gone mad.

brewed this kit last month, 2 weeks on primary then straight to bottle. Really great beer for the time and cost it takes to prepare. Will def brew again!

nope, used dry yeast too. I was interested in finding a cheap, quick, and tasty beer. I must say this delivered for me. I did drink it with a orange pretty consistantly which was great. I noticed that the beer had a natural fruity taste that I liked 1 week after bottle that faded with bottle aging. Next time I might just leave it in the bottle for 8 days or so then into the frig.

This kit was is the second batch i've brewed, going to bottle tomorrow. I didn't add anything to it ,still very new to the whole process, but absolutely love this new hobby.

Finally brewed this today. Used dry yeast, and added 1.5lbs honey after adding the extract. The sheet listed 1.040 O.G., I measured 1.050 with the honey. I'll leave this in primary for probably 3 weeks. After seeing some of those videos, went with the blowoff tube instead of the tiny airlock :D

I think I'm going to brew sierra madre and caribou slobber this weekend and bottle my ipa, glorious!

I had no issues fermenting in a bucket, the krausen was no bigger then others I've brewed in the past, prob 2 inches or so. Let me know how your batches turn out.

Went with 2 weeks in primary, bottled with cooper's carb drops last weekend, already great to drink by this past weekend. after the first bottle, i know i'm going to brew this one again

I just ordered the same kit, but plan on adding about 1.5lbs of the Wildflower Honey. I've used that honey in a MrBeer based kit and it turned out amazing, hoping to replicate that with this 5 gallon batch.

wow, trying to replicate a mr. beer kit! hahaha

I brewed this as my 2nd batch. I used a 6g glass carboy with an airlock. I had no issues at all during fermentation. I added 3oz of blueberry extract. It took a little longer for the flavors to even out than I expected. After 3 weeks in the bottles it was very good though.

Back