1 Month+ Secondary Fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevchance

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a batch of blueberry-raisin wine going right now that is very curious to me.

I messed up my original recipe but not crushing or slicing my blueberries before pitching (the recipe didn't mention it). I thought it was curious that the must was taking much more sugar than the recipe originally called for. My OG was about 1.090, but after primary fermentation I squeezed the blueberries in the straining bag and a LOT of fresh blueberry juice came out. I assume this raised the alcohol potential well up over 15% (possibly as high as 18%), but I didn't take a reading.

This concoction has now been in a secondary for over a month, and its still bubbling! I've never had a wine ferment this long. Yeast is also still in suspension, quite active.

At this point, I have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping that she's still slowly fermenting, and will stall with some of those delicious blueberry sugars still present, and what I'll end up with is some really delicious sweet blueberry port!

Or, it could be drain cleaner.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

just let it ferment till its clear. as long as the yeast don't get angry with their environment it should turn out good. if your curious it wouldn't hurt to taste some. just sanitize everything and by god don't pour it.

Latest posts

Back