How do you rack with your Fermenator and CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppleton

Reaction score
I am having trouble determing a way to connect my CO2 tank to 1/2" siphon tubing. The shutoff valve on the CO2 tank has a 1/4" MFL end. Will a 5/16" barbed swivel nut attach to 1/2" tubing? Seems to me it would be too small. Is there another adapter that would work?

In case you are wondering, I need to use 1/2" tubing because I have a fermenator with a tri-clamp blowoff valve that only has a 1/2" barb (or of course the larger blowoff barb). As far as I know Blichmann does not sell a smaller barb fitting - which would certainly be useful.

Perhaps other folks with a fermenator could tell me how they go about racking with CO2.

they make adapters to change the hose sizes, it is essentially a piece of metal that goes between the two sections of hosing with different sized barbs on each side.

The other option you have is to change the barb on your regulator, to match the size on the ferminator. It is much easier than you would think, it can be done with a wrench and some teflon tape for a good seal.

Back