**** work! Watch my brewcast live instead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewday completed at 2:30pm PST. 5.5g of 1.044 Blonde ale wort pitched with a decanted 2L starter of wlp001. This batch will be the yeast starter for next brewday. 10g 10-11% RIS in 2-3 weeks.

what recipe do you use? do you get much pumpkin flavors that the roasty flavors dont overpower?

I've kinda merged BMs porter recipe with some of the pumpkin techniques from yuri's thread. Last year the pumpkin flavor wasn't noticeable untill the beer aged a couple months, then it seemed to come out.

The rummaging around pre-brew day has started.

don'tcha love pre-brew day?

Would that be called Brew Day Eve? I know I spend time getting things ready, filling the HLT, milling grain, organizing hops, etc. then getting up early for some coffee and the lighting of the HLT.

don'tcha love pre-brew day?

Would that be called Brew Day Eve? I know I spend time getting things ready, filling the HLT, milling grain, organizing hops, etc. then getting up early for some coffee and the lighting of the HLT.

Yeah, if I want to finish early I'll do a bunch of prep. the night before. I even have a bucket heater I put on a timer to heat my mash water in the cooler so it's ready when i wake up. I can make a quick temp. adjustment & dough in right away. Last brewday I was pitching yeast already by 12:30pm.

I really enjoy brewing in the mornings. Leaves the rest of the day open for other things.

Back