The Hobbit - the movie, old news?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This part is interesting:
Two "Hobbit" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three "Lord of the Rings" films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release.

So they're turning the one book into two movies? Not the best, but I guess it could mean they're sticking to the book more stringently -thus the extra movie length.

I am as moist as a little debbie snack cake at this news. He did a fabulous job with the LOTR series. I cannot wait!

landhoney said:
This part is interesting:
Two "Hobbit" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three "Lord of the Rings" films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release.

So they're turning the one book into two movies? Not the best, but I guess it could mean they're sticking to the book more stringently -thus the extra movie length.

Honestly, I thought they could have extended LotR into at least 5 movies. There were plenty of parts that were changed or glossed over for the sake of time. I have NO problem with it being two movies. Three hours just doesn't seem like enough time for the Hobbit.

rdwj said:
Honestly, I thought they could have extended LotR into at least 5 movies. There were plenty of parts that were changed or glossed over for the sake of time. I have NO problem with it being two movies. Three hours just doesn't seem like enough time for the Hobbit.

I totally agree, I just don't want the two movies to be released to theaters 1 year apart:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back