Chest Freezer Specs and Layouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! So 3 ball lock kegs in front bottom and 3 ball lock kegs in back bottom and 2 on the Hump?
On the outside, bottom right, is this where the option to switch from refrigerator to freezer is located? What are the temps it ranges for refrigerator setting?

Yes that's correct. Sorry those were the only pics on my phone. Yes bottom right corner is the temp adjustment. It doesn't have degrees on it but my is set at a minimal cool setting and it stays around 39 to 40 degrees. If you only wanted 6 then you could make the collar much smaller.

TNT -

would you be able to tell me how many 1/6 Barrels can fit? They are 9.25" diameter. This would help me out a ton as I'm looking for a freezer this size and haven't found a price like this in awhile.

I'll try to figure it out when I'm home later tonight.

It is 18.5 inches wide on the inside. There is about 2.25 inches between the corny kegs. I would guess at least 5 on the floor offset or maybe 6 but it would be tight. 1 to 2 on the Hump. Sorry I don't have any 1/6 Barrels to test in it but if you donate me a couple I'll test it right out.

It is 18.5 inches wide on the inside. There is about 2.25 inches between the corny kegs. I would guess at least 5 on the floor offset or maybe 6 but it would be tight. 1 to 2 on the Hump. Sorry I don't have any 1/6 Barrels to test in it but if you donate me a couple I'll test it right out.

Thanks for the info. I bit the bullet and purchased it. Somehow it gave me free delivery. I'm confident it will be able to hold 5 kegs, which was the minimum I needed.

Igloo FRF1050 10.6 cu ft (note: Website says 10.0; Freezer tag say 10.6)

Colors Available: White

Availability: In-store, Online

Everyday Pricing: $259 on sale (Regular 399.99) @ BestBuy

Exterior Dimensions: 42-15/16" W x 25-7/8" D x 33-1/8" H (according to manufacturer specs)

Interior Dimensions: 37-1/4" W x 19" D x 26-3/4" H

Compressor Hump Size: 9" W x 19" D x 9" H, Hump is on the right

Special Features: Unlike some other igloo freezers, this does not have the refrigeration setting.

This model should be able to hold 8 ball lock kegs with a collar - 6 on the bottom and 2 on the hump.

What's the temperature range without a temp controller?

I went and visited Best Buy today. They didn't have the Igloo 10 CU FT one to look at but I was happy with the looks of the 7.1CU FT. So as soon as I got home this evening I ordered the Igloo 10 CU FT online for pickup on Friday. Picking it up myself I save ~$60-70. Plus once I recycle the old one I should get $50 from DTE! NICE.
If any of you have photos of the 10 CU FT holding 8 ball lock kegs I'd like to see some photos:)
Thanks.

I somehow got free delivery on my fridge from bestbuy.com . I couldn't figure out why, but wasn't going to argue!

It arrived yesterday and is a great layout and depth for fitting kegs on the floor. I may be able to fit 6 1/6 barrels on the floor and if I built a collar high enough two more on the compressor.

All I need is for it to hold 5 so I'm set.

I somehow got free delivery on my fridge from bestbuy.com . I couldn't figure out why, but wasn't going to argue!

It arrived yesterday and is a great layout and depth for fitting kegs on the floor. I may be able to fit 6 1/6 barrels on the floor and if I built a collar high enough two more on the compressor.

All I need is for it to hold 5 so I'm set.

What size collar are you thinking? Are you going to make it tall enough to get two kegs on the hump?

What size collar are you thinking? Are you going to make it tall enough to get two kegs on the hump?

I need to measure, but possibly 8" collar. I need to remeasure my kegs and see how much clearance that would give. If I could store an extra keg on the collar that would be a bonus. I want to build a collar either way so I can run my trunk line through that without drilling through the lid of the cooler.

Just picked up the 12502 5.0 Kenmore from Sears for $199 ($50 off on sale). It holds 2 6 gallon carboys, or 3 pin lock kegs.

I just setup a 12" collar with MDF board.

I noticed the temperature on the 1 setting is still in the mid 20s. I thought it would be in the mid 30s or high 30s according to someone else on here. I pulled the plug and letting it warm and going to try again. Was hoping to not use a temp controller.

I just setup a 12" collar with MDF board.

I noticed the temperature on the 1 setting is still in the mid 20s. I thought it would be in the mid 30s or high 30s according to someone else on here. I pulled the plug and letting it warm and going to try again. Was hoping to not use a temp controller.

There are several posts somewhere in here detailing how you can adjust the set screw in the built-in temperature controller dial to let it go past the warmest setting. Might want to search for that first.

My Igloo 7.2 stays around 40 on the coldest refrigerator setting. I wish it could go colder without freezing!

Mine stays in the high 30s around 39 with the refrigerator setting turned pretty far to the left

That's strange since we have the same unit. I have the dial turned all the way counter clockwise which is in the number 1 position, but every time I check the temperature its around 30 if not colder.

That's strange since we have the same unit. I have the dial turned all the way counter clockwise which is in the number 1 position, but every time I check the temperature its around 30 if not colder.

This is for the FRF1050 Igloo 10 CU FT?
I read in the freezer manual that the setting had to be set at 4 for a few hours the first time it was turned on and then adjusted to the setting you wanted. Not sure, but maybe try that. You may have to defrost and let it sit for a few hours before trying again. It would be awesome if it would hold a temp of 39-40 at lowest setting.

This is for the FRF1050 Igloo 10 CU FT?
I read in the freezer manual that the setting had to be set at 4 for a few hours the first time it was turned on and then adjusted to the setting you wanted. Not sure, but maybe try that. You may have to defrost and let it sit for a few hours before trying again. It would be awesome if it would hold a temp of 39-40 at lowest setting.

This is the FRF1050. I didn't do the 'break in' as I didn't see how that would make a difference for temperature. I went right to the thermostat and turned it all the way in and checked several times to still see a below freezing water bottle in there. I have since backed the screw out quite a bit and will check when I get home from work.

This is the FRF1050. I didn't do the 'break in' as I didn't see how that would make a difference for temperature. I went right to the thermostat and turned it all the way in and checked several times to still see a below freezing water bottle in there. I have since backed the screw out quite a bit and will check when I get home from work.

Waiting patiently for details!

Wondering if anyone knows how many ball lock cornys a 7.0cf Whirlpool will hold without a collar? Also if a 10 or 20 lb CO2 tank would fit on the floor? The seller says the interior dimensions are 16" deep x 26" wide x 29" high. I think it would easily fit 3 cornys, just not sure about the CO2 tank.

It's not on the list found in this thread (and can't find it mentioned as a keezer anywhere), and it's at least approx 5" less wide than other 7.0cf units. It is slightly taller than other units mentioned here which is OK but that means less floor space.

Back