POM Wonder Pomogrante wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIBeerGeek

Reaction score
Ext weekend I will be brewing a Pomogrante wheat beer, Costco had a special on a gallon of the stuff and I used to really like the one that Fort Collins brewery put out prior to the change in master brewer.. Anyways, back on track.. I was considering splitting it up with half of it in the boil and half of it added 1 week into fermentation. I was plan ing to just do an extract beer with 6 lbs of wheat malt extract and 2 oz of Hallertau hops split evenly between bittering and aroma additions..

Don't boil juice, you'll lose all the aromatics imo. I'd camden tab it and add half on day 0 in fermentor and half after krausen just peaks.

Just make sure it does not contain potassium sorbate as that will hinder yeast performance during fermentation to a significant degree.

Accidentally posted this in the wrong place.

Okay, so I think I have a recipe and I wanted to get opinions..

6 lbs Wheat LME 65% Wheat
1 lb Wheat DME 55% Wheat
4 oz Belgian Biscuit Malt
3 oz Belgian CaraMunich
3 oz Belgian Aromatic

Hops
60 mins
5 oz Hallertau

30 min addition
0.25 oz Amarillo pellet
0.5 oz Hallertau

Flame out
10 fl oz POM Pomegranate Juice

Wyeast German Wheat 3333

50 fl oz POM Pomegranate Juice in Secondary

Don't boil juice, you'll lose all the aromatics imo. I'd camden tab it and add half on day 0 in fermentor and half after krausen just peaks.

Just make sure it does not contain potassium sorbate as that will hinder yeast performance during fermentation to a significant degree.
Hmm, probably should have picked up some camden tablets when I was just at the home brew shop. I think that POM flash pasteurizes their juice so I shouldn't have to worry about any wild yeast though.

Back