Miller Lite -CHILL-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
ok, Im going to go ahead and say....when this beer comes to a bar near you DONT EVEN BOTHER

Chelada Style. Yea ok whatever. They are going for a Mexican style here and adding the lime and salt for you. Remember Tequiza? Yea well this is just as bad. Imitation lime flavor followed by a salty aftertaste. Absolutely horrible, and I actually do enjoy a Miller Lite every now and then.

So for my public service anouncement of the day.....

DO NOT DRINK THIS BEER :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Curse that beer and everything it stands for!!! We got a case of it at my bar, and I was determined to keep it hidden and buried away as long as it took to avoid selling it.

Well, one of the other managers finally got it out, iced down the whole thing, and put it on sale for $2/bottle, just to get rid of it. Coincidentally, the same night, a bunch of Miller Lite girls came in and did a promo for the ****. I was irritated, but figured it was good, because I hoped we could get rid of it all in one day. And we did, and it will never darken our doorstep again! :D

Thanks. I saw the Miller guy wheel in a stack of cases of that at my Costco liquor store. I had to go up and read the box. I wish I had a picture of my facial expression when I read it.

Hmm. Take a bottle of Miller Lite, add salt & lime and voilà, you've got a salty Miller Light with citric acid. I wonder how long before those cases get sent back to the distributor. Folks here in Austin enjoy DOS Equis, Corone, Tecate, etc with lime, but now the BMC folks are trying to muscle in. No way Jose!

I'll spend my money on DOS XX's any day over salty BMC.

It's a flash in the pan. It'll be popular for a few months while they promote the hell out of it, and then it will blissfully fade away after that, never to return. Can you tell I really hate it?

EdWort said:
Hmm. Take a bottle of Miller Lite, add salt & lime and voilà, you've got a salty Miller Light with citric acid.

At least they figured out a way to hide that terrible Miller Lite taste.

Man I saw this! It looks awesome!

ok not really.....looks like crap

Funny thing is Miller Lite is all my old folks drink *shudder and they're coming next weekend so I've got to pick some up for them *shudders again

I have been seeing michelada/chelada beverages appear on the menus of several local mex/latin establishments lately. Gotta at least give them credit for being on the upside of the curve rather than on the down swing. Around me, the cheladas haven't been super popular but seem to be gaining a small foothold.

Chelada Style....

Seriously go to Mexico, get a Pacifico and sit on the beach. Put a lime and a pinch of salt in and enjoy. Its really refreshing and very drinkable. Ive spent many many drunken afternoons in Puerto Penasco "Rocky Point" enjoying countless beers this way.

Miller Lite just f***ed it all up though

The "craze" has hit here. I just saw a commercial after watching the local news (since I Tivo everything else) advertising this stuff, whatever it is. I was at the liquor department of my local grocery store and saw a 10 foot high stack of the substance on display and was amazed. I picked up a bottle and saw that it was faintly green and thought to myself "Don't they know that this stuff is going to be skunked sitting out in the light like this?" So I asked the cashier if people were drinking it, and she replied with, "We got this display in because so many people were asking for it." I'm sure it tastes awful, but I'll try anything once (trying Schlitz right now for the same reason). But its ridiculously expensive--like $7.00 a six pack! I can buy a six pack of Sam Adams and use the bottles afterwards for that price.

I'd rather have a Tecate instead.....like on $2 Tecate Tuesdays (for a 16oz) than that stuff....It just doesn't look drinkable

Well, I got to try this the other night. We went to our local mexican joint and it was happy hour so I said, "for 1.75, WTH"

I wasn't blown away, but I didn't dump it out either. I liked it better than Tequiza, but it wasn't something I'd buy again. I'd prefer a corona or a tecate.

FWIW, the "lime" didn't taste near as fake as the "orange" in Blue Moon/Sunset Wheat does.

Somebody already brought this up on another thread a while back, but I'll regurge it.
I believe it was Miller than gave us the Man Law: No Fruit in Beer.

Looks like they've broken their own rule.:drunk:

Is Zima still around????

What about New Coke???

Oh, here's a good one Pepsi Kona - Pepsi with a jolt of coffee flavoiring.
Now, that was a real winner!!!

Miller and Lime - I'd rather have a diet Coke.

I wuz walkin around the grocery store yesterday and I walked by a case display of Chill. Before I could point and laugh, I see/hear a couple standing next to it arguing over whether to get the Chill, or get Smirnoff Ice instead.

Then me and the wife both fell out laughing. Hmmm...what a dilemma!

talleymonster said:
Somebody already brought this up on another thread a while back, but I'll regurge it.
I believe it was Miller than gave us the Man Law: No Fruit in Beer.

Looks like they've broken their own rule.:drunk:

Hahaha, great point. However, I thought Miller Chill was for girls. No law there.

I spent 9 months in mexico in the late 90's. I introduce my buddies to it while we were down there. we drank many Ballenas and Caguamas wit lime and a little salt. Very refreshing. I don't get it with miller lite.

BTW hangovers with the chellada thing are death. What little salt you add really F#%$ you up the next day.

I was in Milwaukee last weekend and man, Miller is PUSHING that stuff everywhere. They had it at Miller Park and at Bastille Days and it was selling fast. They had some sort "cerveceros" days at Miller Park on Sunday (the Brewer's had Cerveceros on their jerseys, too) and there were "Chill" stands set up all over. At $6.25 each, beers were not cheap. The New Glarus beers were $6.50, so I went with that. I didn't even try the Chill.

Yooper Chick said:
... The New Glarus beers were $6.50, so I went with that. I didn't even try the Chill.
From what I've heard about this stuff, you made the right choice.:)

A good friend of mine had one at a Mexican restaurant we both go to a lot. He has a pretty broad taste range of beers - likes everything from Fosters to a good IPA. He said it was "interesting to try once", but wouldn't buy it again.

I'd bet dollars to donuts it will be a trivia question this time next year. Just like other 'gimmick beers' that are dead or dying - Dry beer, Ice beer, Low-Carb beer, Tequiza, etc.

Rhoobarb said:
From what I've heard about this stuff, you made the right choice.:)

:off:

Well, all the guys sitting behind me must have agreed with that, too. When I stood up to get another beer, one of them asked me where I was going, and I told him I was going to get Totally Naked. They even cheered, they must really like New Glarus beers, too. :D

Yooper Chick said:
:off:

Well, all the guys sitting behind me must have agreed with that, too. When I stood up to get another beer, one of them asked me where I was going, and I told him I was going to get Totally Naked. They even cheered, they must really like New Glarus beers, too. :D

I'd be cheering, too Yooper!:mug:

Rhoobarb said:
I'd bet dollars to donuts it will be a trivia question this time next year. Just like other 'gimmick beers' that are dead or dying - Dry beer, Ice beer, Low-Carb beer, Tequiza, etc.

I think you're right, except about the low-carb beer part. We still sell tons of Michelob Ultra, a couple years after the low-carb beer trend started. "Dieting" is always popular.

Just saw this the other day.

The end is near.

092307_10571.jpg

A couple of my buddies tried this and LOVE it, so I was encouraged to give it a shot.

...I almost puked on myself. It was NOT good, despite their overwhelming approval. I almost wept, haha.

Someone brought a case of Chill to my backyard movie party this weekend and I made him hide it in the garage and only add two to the cooler at a time when he ran out. I don't want anyone to think the host was pushing it. It tasted like lime syrup beer.

now Ill admit Ive added V8 to a megaswill on those hair of the dog mornings....which was ok.

But Im sure that tastes nothing like it

Back