Someone should grab this box!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look good, and the price is right also.

Think theres a back plate?

I emailed the seller asking about he back plate, mounting brackets and a picture with the cover removed...

If you look at the pic, the mounting brackets are the tabs at the bottom/top. I'm betting it's part of the back plate.

B

The seller said that it didnt have a back plate, can I put one in? Do I need to? Or can I just mount everything to the back of the enclosure?

The price, and size are right...

you could easily put one in. All you need is the plate, and some standoffs.

If you can get a pic of the inside, there might already be standoffs ready for a backplate.

If you have the plate it's MUCH easier to wire/mount everything outside the box.

B

You can buy a steel or aluminum sheet at HD or Lowes and if need be add some supports to it if its too flimsy.

I bought a SS enclosure on ebay and made a backplate this way out of Aluminum sheet.

Those are just like the ones they sell at Lowes and HD. No back plate or mounting for one. You could make one as stated and bolt/screw it in.

Back