**** work! Watch my brewcast live instead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't chat, must be blocked on my firewall here at work...

Dang it, I've been away from the desktop here for a few, what'd I miss?

Is he heating sparge water or doing a decoction?

Just what the heck is he brewin' anyway, and do we get to watch him play PacMan during the boil?

Alright, I'm watching on one monitor. Doesn't look like it'll let me connect to chat, though. What's brewing?

EDIT: Err, duh... Colby House Porter.

so when are you going to be in the bay area? :D

i'm gonna have to do this, too. maybe get some crazy multi camera setup to get all angles and get better advice and whatnot.

I enjoyed it LOTS!.....I even learned a few things that I didn't expect to. Mainly that I don't need to worry about building a huge assed fancy rig!!!

Thanks Soper. I am in your debt!! :D

Funny you ask, i have a friend moving there this week. I lived in the bay area for 18 months once, I'll be back someday to visit.

BTW, I'm not a big CA fan, but I like to visit.

so when are you going to be in the bay area? :D

i'm gonna have to do this, too. maybe get some crazy multi camera setup to get all angles and get better advice and whatnot.

Thanks to Soperbrew starting this thread, I've decided to do a live brew session today starting now. :tank:

http://www.mogulus.com/saccharomyces

Spiced Winter Beer - Frisky Mrs. Claus Ale
---------------
10# Maris Otter
4# Munich (for a solid Porter malt backbone)
1# Crystal 60
.5# Special B (for some Chimay Blue character)
.5# Chocolate
2# Honey

1oz Horizon @60
1oz Cascade @60
1oz Cascade @15

Step mash:
131 1qt/lb protein rest
152 1.5qt/lb amylase rest
168 decoction mashout

Expected OG ~1.090

I'm watching, but the chat isn't loading up for me either....do you have it disabled? or is the site just slow getting us up online?

Sacc,

If you read this today before you're done brewing, PM me your phone number & directions & I'll come over for a beer.

OK we're on the IRC chat instead, since Mogulus chat isn't working today.

Half way through protein rest geting water heated for sacc rest. gonna rack out of the fermenter soon so I have something to put the beer into. :mug:

So, I ended up with 6 gallons at 1.092. And, I was :drunk: on Allegash :D so I forgot the 1.04 adjustment from brix to gravity. That's why my pre-boil calculations didn't add up with the hydrometer reading. I left 1/2 gallon in the kettle with the trub and ended up with 5.5 gal in a 6 gallon carboy. This morning it was up to the airlock at 64, a few hours ago I dropped it down to 62 by changing out 3# of ice bricks and it started blowing off already. My first blowoff!! Yay!! :ban:

Back