What is this homebrew called?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faaantasy

Reaction score
http://www.warpbreach.com/6/6.html

First of all; is this possibly true and possible to make? I am thinking about the "sugar wine" at the end of the article. And does it have another name than "sugar wine"? Also, can an failed attempt of this make you blind if you drink it? Or is that caused by other stronger, scarier things? And how much alcohol % should that "sugar wine" possibly have after 2 weeks?

faaantasy said:
http://www.warpbreach.com/6/6.html

First of all; is this possibly true and possible to make? I am thinking about the "sugar wine" at the end of the article. And does it have another name than "sugar wine"? Also, can an failed attempt of this make you blind if you drink it? Or is that caused by other stronger, scarier things? And how much alcohol % should that "sugar wine" possibly have after 2 weeks?

yes it will make you blind. :rolleyes:

Ryanh1801 said:
yes it will make you blind. :rolleyes:

No but seriously. I have read about people who have gone blind after drinking their own homebrew.. This isn't possible with this?

You can't go blind by drinking homebrew. It's a myth. Somehow you are confusing the consumption of methyl alcohol which is something so entirely different you'd be better to google and research yourself.

Too much alcohol will cause blindness. However I think regular alcohol poisoning comes first. Also propanol will cause blindness but thats not ethanol.

The other name for that is prison hooch, or I think thats one way some moonshiners make the base alcohol before distilling to higher concentrations.

**Will taste like ass.

To the BEST of my knowledge... HOME BREW can NOT cause blindness. I think you would die of alch. poisoning before you could create enough Methyl Alcohol. But I am no pro.

Okey.. Thanks a lot people..
Make sure the jug is in a warm place where it will not be disturbed
What temperature should it be at least? And about how strong will this stuff be? (The one made without grape juice)

No kidding, the stuff you want to make is what prisoners make in their toilet bowls. It's foul tasting, and it's NOT HOMEBREW.

This site is for beer, cider, and wine making enthusiasts to share opinions, techniques, and recipes on making quality beverages. It's NOT for underage kids to ask advice on how to cop a cheap buzz. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but that's the way it is.

If in a couple of years, you'd like some advice on the merits of batch vs fly sparging a 15+ gallon batch of high gravity barleywine, or how to make "small beer" from the second runnings of that batch, or a whole host of other great questions about brewing a tasty batch of beer, this is the place. Until then, I'm sorry, this isn't the forum for you.

Yuri_Rage said:
No kidding, the stuff you want to make is what prisoners make in their toilet bowls. It's foul tasting, and it's NOT HOMEBREW.

This site is for beer, cider, and wine making enthusiasts to share opinions, techniques, and recipes on making quality beverages. It's NOT for underage kids to ask advice on how to cop a cheap buzz. Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but that's the way it is.

If in a couple of years, you'd like some advice on the merits of batch vs fly sparging a 15+ gallon batch of high gravity barleywine, or how to make "small beer" from the second runnings of that batch, or a whole host of other great questions about brewing a tasty batch of beer, this is the place. Until then, I'm sorry, this isn't the forum for you.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back