What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a restaurant just a few miles away with these on tap. Going soon and need to set up a top 3 or 5 to try. Any suggestions? What's the first 2 I should try?

I'd say start with coors light, and then move on to the pbr.

mcbaumannerb said:
The "minute" beers, WW stout and Burton Baton are all solid brews. It's when he goes nuts with the adjuncts that it gets weird.

I'll have to try 90 min, worldwide stout, and burton baton. The 60 min was pretty good and I thought the 120 min was good as long as you don't expect it to be an imperial IPA. My gripe has always been with the crazy stuff they do.

Night is young. Now for my favorite whiskey
ForumRunner_20131122_214256.jpg

Shred said:
It's fantastic. I'm trying to leave a couple on the aging rack for 6 months or so, but I'm having a hard time keeping my hands off them!

I thought about doing the same thing but then I saw this on the package.

image-3397208099.jpg

That means you're supposed to drink them as soon as you buy them. Right? :D

Qhrumphf said:
Well this particular place is done by one of the better chefs in the country (Jose Andres), and the guy who's sometimes credited for bringing the "small plates" concept to the US (mezze, tapas, etc). I normally scoff at "foodie" food (call mayonnaise an "aioli" and charge $10 more for it), but this stuff was awesome. But yeah, that's one of DFH's best brews for sure. I made up my mind. This is bloody delicious.

Saw that at the bottle shop today. Couldn't bring myself to part with the $20 for it. Is it worth it?

Instead I got a couple of these. Full Sail Brewer's Share Berliner Weiss.

image-3002384589.jpg

Smells a little 'off' even for a sour, but tastes pretty darn good.

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

One of my favorite movie quotes.

Not that it's relevant here.

Another pour of Bourbon

image-3822886978.jpg

Gandhi-bot Clone 1.0. Very good beer, but I still don't think it does the original justice. Hopefully GBC 2.0 will be a closer match. I used a different yeast and moved all the dry hops to late boil/whirlpool additions.

finsfan said:
Hope you make it alright!

Somebody upstairs is looking out for me! My connecting flight was delayed in ATL and I had to run, but I barely made my connector!

Dave37 said:
Haha!!! What an idiot!!

Just joking bro. Hope all goes well. Enjoy that 1st brewwhen u land.

How am I an idiot?

I plan on drinking some scotch when I get back to my brother's house! Maybe even a Sour in the Rye depending on how tired we are!

mcbaumannerb said:
It's not an IPA or hop forward beer so I'd say this is a case where a brewery would prefer you to drink it right away and then (gasp,) buy more. ;)
I bet they do, especially at that price. ;)
Actually, at $12 a 4 pack for a solid bourbon barrel beer, I think it's a bargain.
Shred said:
Interesting. I guess they've done all the aging it needs in the oak barrels. Don't have to tell me twice!

Yeah, I was surprised to see it on there, but maybe it doesn't get any better with age. None of mine will live much longer. :D

mcbaumannerb said:
Awesome! Glad you didn't have to do an overnight at an airport! Enjoy that drink when you get to your brothers house!

Overnight at an airport suckssss!
I spent a night in LAX after missing a connecting flight and waiting for the first flight out. I almost murdered some people. Then I had to go to work as soon as I got home. Crappy, crappy day.

Now to this. Recipe from the winner of this year's ProAm comp at a local brewery. I think it's supposed to be some sort of rye beer. I don't detect much rye character, though. Not really good at all.

image-3666345828.jpg

My take on Jamil's Hoppiness is an IPA. Half the amount if crystal malt and some corn sugar to dry it out. Finished at 1.010. Delicious

Moving on to a Bell's Two Hearted. So happy that Bell's is distributing to New York. These ones are a little past their prime (forgot to check bottle date) but still so delicious so I'm not complaining.

EA8CA0E1-E6C8-425F-9703-83EF0DBE421F.jpg

gattyyyy said:
Had a SN Celebration Ale followed by a Founders Backwoods Bastard. The Bastard is so damn good, too bad it was the last of the 4 :(

Two great beers. I think I'll have a Celebration next.

have had several home brews... time for water I suppose..

That is the lightest beer I have ever seen. I do not think coors even can out lite that one.

To catch up since my last post. 2 leftover sam adams octoberfests and 2 Founders breakfast stouts. along with several rounds of Cards against humanity.

Just sampled my 10 day bottled "Bad Day Brown." I'm heading back to get my third :) It's that good. It's sitting at 65 degrees for 10 days and I want more. I love this recipe! It's hard to let it age out.

DisturbdChemist said:
Never. Well soon. Gotta Get up early for a all day drink-a-thon. Lol

Now watching Archer season 3

Yep, you gotta lot of drinkin to do tomorrow. Since I can't make it there, you have to drink for me as well. ;)
Because of the rain today, I have to work tomorrow. :(
But, I'm hoping to make it to Baker St or Gooses Acre tomorrow evening. Hopefully Baker St for some BB.

Yep, you gotta lot of drinkin to do tomorrow. Since I can't make it there, you have to drink for me as well. ;)
Because of the rain today, I have to work tomorrow. :(
But, I'm hoping to make it to Baker St or Gooses Acre tomorrow evening. Hopefully Baker St for some BB.

Hopefully you can. They should have some still . I'll be sad when they run out

Back