honey blond dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelock

Reaction score
hey y'all,

i'm not a major hop-head but love to experiment so i'm going to separate 1 gallon of a 5 gallon batch of honey blond ale and dry hop it. the extract recipe basically started with light malt, rice sugar, and honey with very light hopping.

my question is, which hop would be better to dry hop with and about how much? i have cascade, saaz, and some very old kent goldings that iv'e kept in the fridge in a ziplock for ~1 year.

chers,
blakelock

I would go with the cascade, I think the citrus would compliment the honey well. Around .25 oz in 1 gallon should be plenty for a little aromatic boost. Good luck.

thanks for the advice!
it turns out that the zip-lock bag with the kent goldings has been open instead of sealed for the last ~year.:eek: i smelled them (no aroma at all) and tasted them (bitter with no floral at all) so i tossed them. i smell-compared the cascade and saaz and chose to put ~1/4 oz of cascade in the jug. i'll let you know how it turns out.

blakelock
_________

Back