Converting Bayou Classic SP-10 to natural gas...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know myself. I see people with natural gas burners (non-converted), I wonder how much they are.

My natural gas line is in my back yard and I've started brewing in the front - in my garage because it keeps raining every time I brew and I like to use the water from the IC to water my lawn.

I am using a Hurricane burner with the NG conversion valve. All they did was drill a larger hole. I am going to convert another LP burner on my own with some wire sized drill bits I bought. You can get a cheap set @ Harbor Freight. Drill holes slightly larger until you get what works. You will also need an NG gas line and fittings.

Don't blow yourself up - if not comfortable with the process you are better off buying the Hurricane burner & NG valve.

40282.jpg

LP burner from agrisupply.com

I have heard of drilling out LPG jets on some sites.

Only make them SLIGHTLY larger.

You can't undrill - easier to do in steps and check for color of flame (blue is good).

I converted to NG years ago. Not as fast as LPG, but way more convenient.

Only LPG I have now is for the gas grill (SWMBO didn't want to run NG line to back yard)

You can drill out the jets to use NG, but the lower pressure brings lower output from the high pressure 4" burner because it does not move as much air and fuel through the burner as high pressure LP.

Back