Just bottled my first wines!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
I did a bunch of 1 gallon experimental wine and mead batches this fall. Just bottled it all up and am pretty excited.

Mango wine- this stuff is HOT. Fermented out really low with a ton of sugar. This stuff is probably 15%. Good mango flavor.Should be ok chilled up in the heat of summer. I don't see this one improving much.

Strawberry Chocolate wine- This stuff is good! It needs more time for sure. But man it's good. Super rich chocolate and strawberry, but drinks nice and light. This will be an awesome dessert type wine.

Faux lingonberry wine- This wine is good. Probably the most drinkable right now. Good little fruit wine, and kind of what you would think a fruit wine would be. Should be a nice summer rose type drinker.

Rose Hip wine- This one probably has the most potential to be an amazing wine. It needs a lot of time, but this could truly be something to rival the very best grape wines. And I mean the very best! This drinks like some sort of young Brunello. Ruddy colored Meaty blood juice, with tart cherry. Amazing potential.

That's all! Still have to bottle Yoopers banana wine, and I will be done. Thanks for all the help here, and specifically thanks to Jack Keller's website.

WOW you are on a roll! I use rose hips in alot of my wines. I also use hibiscus. It makes such a beautifully colored wine. I can't wait until herb season to try and make lemon balm and lemon grass wine!!!

MzAnnie said:
WOW you are on a roll! I use rose hips in alot of my wines. I also use hibiscus. It makes such a beautifully colored wine. I can't wait until herb season to try and make lemon balm and lemon grass wine!!!

Sounds good. I just started looking into doing a hibiscus beer. Are you growing the lemon grass yourself? Have a recipe?

Consider lemon verbena also. I will be making a lemon balm-grass-verbena agave based wine this summer. Looking forward to growing all these goodies again. May add some galengal that I harvested for a little heat. Have not crafted my recipe just yet.
I also love hibiscus based wines, but adore my hibiscomel; and hibiscus-elderberry-rosehip wine/mead. So good!
Have almost a pound each of fragrant red & fragrant pink dried roses which are calling out to me & will soon be paired with some delicious raw wildflower honey from NY which I bought last week.

Sounds good. I just started looking into doing a hibiscus beer. Are you growing the lemon grass yourself? Have a recipe?

Lemon grass is a perennial here. Do you know what pampas grass looks like? That is what my lemon grass looks, and feels like. I have no recipe, but will be asking in the late spring, when I have to trim it up. Sara, what about lemon balm, instead of verbena?

Lemon grass is a perennial here. Do you know what pampas grass looks like? That is what my lemon grass looks, and feels like. I have no recipe, but will be asking in the late spring, when I have to trim it up. Sara, what about lemon balm, instead of verbena?

Yes lemon balm would be good, I use it in tea.

Latest posts

Back