Awesome real names (Not funny ones)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a roomie in college named Elvis Sugar.

Went to high school with a kid named Joey Wiener. Joey's dad was an Air Force colonel, before that he was Major Wiener.

Real ones I know of:

I have a friend named Ryan Dickhout. Yes, "dick out".

A doctor at the medical center I go to is named Richard Handler. Do the math.

NPR has a financial analyst on from time to time named Hugh Johnson. :confused::confused:

Physician who did my "Can't get her pregnant anymore" opperation

Dr. Richard Stopp

again, do the math

I've got a buddy with that same last name, he says it's German and it's pronounced hair.
He's my drinking buddy, he's 6'4" and near 400 pounds.
If he said it was pronounced Smith I wouldn't argue the point.

Yeah, like people with the surname Bastard say it's pronounced ba'staard. Or Ramsbottom is pronounced Ramsbotham......Yeah, right. ;)

Carol didn't mind the pronunciation of her name at all, and she was a girly!

I used to have a coworker whose name was Dangling Wang. Spelled exactly like that. When she found out what it meant, she thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Grew up with a girl named Candice (candy) Cain.
Worked with a guy named Randy Hollowpeter, he legally changed it to Holler. He must have thought that was an imense improvement.

I run into a cop from time to time and his last name is Bacon. Officer Bacon. I chuckle every time I read his name tag.

There is a county councilman in my area named Jack Hoffman.
And many years ago, when I worked a different job, I met a man who's physical appearance immediately reminded me of Huckleberry Hound........his last name? Huckleberry!
I was going through some old paperwork at work a few years back, and found a sales contact for a guy named Dick Schrank.

Used to work with a plant manager named Jack Frost.
I know a discgolfer who legally changed his name to "Luscious n Delicious" No joke.

Had to call a sales rep once first name mike last name hunt..... don't say his name fast.

I had a teacher in junior high named Richard(dick) Lis... We had a lot of fun with that....He was kinda weird looking too...

Aiken County Sheriff = Mike Hunt. Respect to my local police but, no joke... my c*nt

James Bondsteel. This has got to be the apex of awesome names.

And the best part? James Bondsteel didn't grow up to become a podiatrist or plumber with an awesome sounding name. Nope, in 1965 James Bondsteel did exactly what you'd expect a fictional character with that name to do - enlisted in the Marines and later the Army. On May 24, 1969, Staff Sergeant James Bondsteel went above and beyond the call of duty in combat, earning the U.S. Military's highest honor - the Congressional Medal of Honor:

Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. S/Sgt. Bondsteel distinguished himself while serving as a platoon sergeant with Company A, near the village of Lang Sau. Company A was directed to assist a friendly unit which was endangered by intense fire from a North Vietnamese Battalion located in a heavily fortified base camp. S/Sgt. Bondsteel quickly organized the men of his platoon into effective combat teams and spearheaded the attack by destroying 4 enemy occupied bunkers. He then raced some 200 meters under heavy enemy fire to reach an adjoining platoon which had begun to falter. After rallying this unit and assisting their wounded, S/Sgt. Bondsteel returned to his own sector with critically needed munitions. Without pausing he moved to the forefront and destroyed 4 enemy occupied bunkers and a machine gun which had threatened his advancing platoon. Although painfully wounded by an enemy grenade, S/Sgt. Bondsteel refused medical attention and continued his assault by neutralizing 2 more enemy bunkers nearby. While searching one of these emplacements S/Sgt. Bondsteel narrowly escaped death when an enemy soldier detonated a grenade at close range. Shortly thereafter, he ran to the aid of a severely wounded officer and struck down an enemy soldier who was threatening the officer's life. S/Sgt. Bondsteel then continued to rally his men and led them through the entrenched enemy until his company was relieved. His exemplary leadership and great personal courage throughout the 4-hour battle ensured the success of his own and nearby units, and resulted in the saving of numerous lives of his fellow soldiers. By individual acts of bravery he destroyed 10 enemy bunkers and accounted for a large toll of the enemy, including 2 key enemy commanders. His extraordinary heroism at the risk of his life was in the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit on him, his unit, and the U.S. Army

A few years ago we had a guy in our shop named Zach Gunn, we wanted to nickname him "Machine" but he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to slow to be a machine gunn. We called him Potato Gunn instead. One day we all met at a bar after work and he introduced us to his cousin, Thomas. This dude's name was Tommy Gunn. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

NH had a state rep named Dick Sweat. He went by Dick.

Guy in the town I grew up in was named Richard Head. He went by Richard.

My dad was a school teacher his entire career, so he has seen a bunch of strange/funny names.

Two of his favorites were sisters, Liberty and Independence, with a last name of Bell.

There's a guy in town here named Dick King, funny if you say it fast (dicking), look him up in the phone book & he's King, Dick. There was a guy running for sheriff in the next county named Billy Hill, look him up in the phone book & he's Hill, Billy. Knew a guy several years ago named Roger Rogers.

cab driver's name

bus-driver-name.jpg

Dated a girl in high school named Denise Belcher. Used to tease her all the time about wanting to marry a guy with the last name of Smith or Johnson or anything normal. I later learned she got engaged to a guy named Ron Homer. Going from Belcher to Homer...

While in the Marine Corps I knew a guy named Corporal Sargent. He got promoted and was Sergeant Sargent. Also knew another guy with a last name of Majors....he was a Sergeant. So Sergeant Majors. He was always explaining that one to others.

Dated a girl in high school named Denise Belcher. Used to tease her all the time about wanting to marry a guy with the last name of Smith or Johnson or anything normal.
My wife went from Warren to Belcher when she married me:mug:

Back