ok what do i do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a batch of centenniel blond in the ferment room...it is completely fermented out and has been settin in secondary for a couple of weeks now. I need it kegged and carbed for the 20th for a party.

1=do I just let it ride and chill it a couple days ahead of time...rack to the keg and force carb it at 30 psi and shake it for a few minutes?...........

2=do I rack it to the keg now, and set the psi at 20 and let it go for the next 8 days in the fridge?........

3=do i keg it now, stick it inthe fridge and let it set cold till the night before the party and set it at 30 psi for 24 hours?

I know either way will work, but what will result in the smoothest, best tasting beer?

If you have the time you might as well rack it now and carb it slowly. I'm impatient and want my beer when the keg is empty so I tend to force carb at 35 PSI for 24-36 hours but if you're saving it for the party you might as take the long route.

If you have the time you might as well rack it now and carb it slowly. I'm impatient and want my beer when the keg is empty so I tend to force carb at 35 PSI for 24-36 hours but if you're saving it for the party you might as take the long route.

will it be ready in 8 days at 12 or so psi?

I'd probably hit with 20 PSI and give it a good shake and then drop the pressure to 12 and let it ride. You might get perfect carb in 8 days, but my experience is that it takes up to 2 weeks until it gets to full carb. The 20 PSI is just added insurance without risking overcarbing.

I think the last thing you want to do is to shake it up close to the party date. The gunk on the bottom might get stirred up again. If it's very clear, no worries. If it's got a fair amount of gunk on that first pour, then you might want to jump the beer into another keg before transporting, just to help keep the clarity. Some people don't like the taste of cloudy beer...

Back