A quick photo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modobrew

Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with my Extra Pale Ale recipe. Just bottled it tonight. Turned out to be pretty clear.

DSC_0279.jpg

Now just a couple weeks and I can enjoy this beer! Hopefully it taste as good then as it did just before bottling.

Looks nice!!!!!!

Too bad you didn't get a more head on shot of the hydro sample, where the numbers would be more legible. Because your beer is so clear it would be a great pic to illustrate to someone how to read the hydrometer.

WOW that finished below 1.005... what yeast did you use? What was the OG?

I think I have a pick of a head on shot. Maybe i will post it tonight. Posted this last night, right before heading to bed. I'm very pleased with the clarity, especially coming from an extract kit with specialty grains. I think my OG was around 1.052.

here is the recipe
1 lbs. Caramel Biscuit
6 lbs. American Classic Light LME
2 oz. Cascade (60 min)
1 oz. Cascade (1 min)
Wyeast #1056 American Ale Yeast

the caramel biscuit was something the LHBS had by accident. Somehow biscuit and caramel got mixed together in a bag, so I said "what the hell, lets give it a go" and decided to give it a shot. Looking forward to tasting it in a couple of weeks. Will update you guys if youd like.

DSC_0281.jpg

a little better angle to show gravity, still not a straight on shot, but close

Back